Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drathen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know, I'm unimportant right.
And once again not complaining. Just making an observation and suggesting a solution.
Youve played on here for an hour.

Kids nowadays... perhaps try WoW?
Old 01-31-2019, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

The game isnMt sufficiently populated until there are 24/7 XP groups of barbarians hunting the tundra and dungeons around everfroat!
Old 01-31-2019, 01:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are other alternatives: https://playphoenix.online/

The server has been open for like two weeks and it's amazing.
I will be setting this up to play tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:18 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Youve played on here for an hour.

Kids nowadays... perhaps try WoW?
Dude I am probably older than you are. I played EQ when it first came out. I played for years.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drathen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude I am probably older than you are. I played EQ when it first came out. I played for years.
This is a neckbeard forum for neckbeard eq vets. We all played since release bro. A significant chunk beta tested out of self hatred.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:17 PM
Kobold

The death knell for classic EQ was when Sony/Verant started listening to the complaints about exp rate, travel time etc. etc.

That's why I think people are a bit confused when someone comes to a classic EQ museum (p99) and suggests the exact thing that eventually ruined the original classic game.

I mean live EQ is still thing. It's pretty easy leveling from what I hear
Old 01-31-2019, 07:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will be setting this up to play tomorrow.
Best DAoC shard yet, imo. <Worship> is recruiting!
Old 01-31-2019, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

CoM population 40 today... I form a 4man group and do SolB royals for better Xp and a vendor/Druid ring 50 ft away! CoM and KC are lies don’t do it!
Old 01-31-2019, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

This is all really simple... It's the middle of January, it's negative 20 degrees out and people don't have shit to do.

See what the population of the server will be once March/April hits and then complain it's too crowded...
Old 01-31-2019, 11:02 PM
Fire Giant

The problem is everyone knows which zones are best risk-reward because we've had 20 years to figure that out. There's no good answer to this. My solution would be a handful of random zones having ZEM modifiers which change every patch to incentivize players trying new places. Thats probably never going to happen.

The most realistic thing which could maybe help would be the implementation of the surefall glade port which is coming in the future.

Lots of people say "well just make a group and travel to a new place!" but that works for maybe two hours max before you start losing players and have no way to replace them since nobody is lfg at zoneline. Also other services (porting, rez) tend to be unavailable.