Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

BUT HEY GUYS THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH <FUCKEST> IMPLODING ON THEMSELVES, JUST SUPER AWKWARD TIMING.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-05-2019, 02:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar
Moving forward, Temple of Veeshan will be under an agreement similar to the Plane of Sky agreement that has been working very well for a long time.
How can you even compare this? You are comparing a rotation that spawns twice a day, to now a rotation that will be every 9 weeks. This does work well in plane of sky, cause the mobs respawn two times a day. Surely you have a better explanation or comparison, because this comparison might be the most ignorant I've seen in a while.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:03 AM
Sarnak

It won't even be a 7 day rotation because guilds will leave shit up till the zone is fully respawned and/or for their scheduled primetime ToV raid day. Repops will push that back even more with it being FFA. As time goes on ToV will be ~2.5 guilds rotated per month lmao.

This cant be cereal.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:04 AM
Kobold

The good here is that the server will still continue even with this change and the hardcore bunch can hang up their socks.

The bad here is that this rule probably just killed off 150-200 people from the server.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine a few top guilds rule breaking/rule lawyering so much it leads the staff to do this...
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

I have never been part of a big guild that regularly does ToV and was fine with the way it was. I understand that putting forth more effort and aligning yourself with the stronger team(s) is sometimes what it takes to succeed in EQ and even gasp the game of life.

Can't fault the weak and lazy players for complaining, but I think it is fair to question a GMs decision to step in and sully such a great server.

/signed a dude with no vulak loot
Old 02-05-2019, 03:11 AM
Fire Giant

so.... why does teh Aegis alliance start there time slot with the letter M? Alphabet aint that difficult braknar, they should get to go first AE comes before AF
Old 02-05-2019, 03:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BUT HEY GUYS THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH <FUCKEST> IMPLODING ON THEMSELVES, JUST SUPER AWKWARD TIMING.
The salt. Its amazing.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:16 AM
Orc

I really thought we were better than this... The reason many of us come back after burn out cycles is for our friends, but many more of us get hooked when we come back because of competition.

I’d have almost preferred we turn this into weekly arena battles for ToV or /ran 100. At least something thing requires skill, practice, and patience.

If the intention is to reduce server population due to lack of funding, then this will work. I believe a better solution could have been to put out a call for server funding. P99 brings a lot of strengths to current state MMO world, but hack and smash a dragon isn’t the challenge for most. It is the ability to navigate the rules and succeed.

We navigate rules that are designed to lightly level the playing field without becoming a carebare environment that most don’t enjoy, except for a short term reward (loot) that will get retired permanently on thier next burn-out cycle. That navigation is a part of the appeal to P99.

My kid didn’t get rewarded for finishing in 4th place in our district’s wrestling tournament and did not get to progress to states. He put in a shit ton of work and got nothing because he wasn’t good enough. Does that suck for him? Yes. Did he deserve better because he tried so hard? No. Will he level up and improve? I hope so. Should we change the rules because he is upset and might quit? No.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d have almost preferred we turn this into weekly arena battles for ToV
It's called Red.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Closed Thread