Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Efreeti w/ a bat might be one of your best exp options (ok cash too) at 55.

In general, Velious stuff is going to have way more HP (and thus worse exp) than Classic/Kunark.
Efreeti actually might be a really good option. I only say that because it's a known Shaman solo camp (at 60 with Torpor, and maybe at 58-59 with a Fungi), and a known Druid charming spot, so you have a location specifically known to be good for both classes, and you know it's a bit harder than either of you can solo ... plus it's in the old world with low HP mobs and some decent (not great) loot.

The only other places that people have mentioned which I've heard recommended for both classes is PoM and Chardok, but PoM is all about charming rats in the maze for Druids, and personally I had a hard enough time finding rats for just one person let alone two. Chardok is a classic but I went Chardok faction on Lora so I can't for sure say it's good for Shaman ... but based on others' reports I'm like 95% sure. If I were duoing my Shaman with my Druid (magically; they're on the same account) I'd try Efreeti or Chardok first myself.

P.S. There's a mini-guide to doing Efreeti written by the departed Iruinedyourday that you might find useful if you go: http://wiki.project1999.com/Nagafen%...r_Efreeti_Room

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-04-2019 at 11:05 PM..
Old 03-05-2019, 05:15 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Efreeti actually might be a really good option. I only say that because it's a known Shaman solo camp (at 60 with Torpor, and maybe at 58-59 with a Fungi), and a known Druid charming spot, so you have a location specifically known to be good for both classes, and you know it's a bit harder than either of you can solo ... plus it's in the old world with low HP mobs and some decent (not great) loot.

The only other places that people have mentioned which I've heard recommended for both classes is PoM and Chardok, but PoM is all about charming rats in the maze for Druids, and personally I had a hard enough time finding rats for just one person let alone two. Chardok is a classic but I went Chardok faction on Lora so I can't for sure say it's good for Shaman ... but based on others' reports I'm like 95% sure. If I were duoing my Shaman with my Druid (magically; they're on the same account) I'd try Efreeti or Chardok first myself.

P.S. There's a mini-guide to doing Efreeti written by the departed Iruinedyourday that you might find useful if you go: http://wiki.project1999.com/Nagafen%...r_Efreeti_Room
What? Efreeti isn't a "known Druid charm spot", in fact it hasn't a single animal. PoM isn't all about charming rats in the rat maze. There are no rats in the rat maze. Ratmen are not animals and cannot be charmed by druids.

Look Lora, please have a seat here. All your friends are here, and we all love you. But we'd like to have a talk about your addiction to "confabulating EverQuest game advice," and just tell you how that has affected all of us. It was one thing when you wrote that guide telling shamans a global cooldown clear item probably isn't strictly necessary, but this is going too far. This is a safe space. We're just worried about you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2019, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

I like Loramin's guides and advice, where's your contribution to the community?
Old 03-05-2019, 06:41 AM
Planar Protector

My favorite part of Loraguides is when he says something trivially wrong, but still pretends like it comes from personal experience and not half remembered third hand information.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:06 AM
Kobold

PoM is great but a bit crowded lately. Get McStinkles from atop since rats are humanoid and cannot be charmed by druids as already stated.

For Efreeti it's bring your own bat. Keep it alive since you ll have to run a bit to get a new one. No animals at efreeti.

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 03-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

What is there for a druid to charm in Chardok?

Heathcliff - 60 Bard | Carkle - 60 Cleric
58 Ranger | 56 Shaman
54 Rogue | 54 Shadow Knight
51 Bard | 50 Paladin | 50 Warrior
41 Wizard | 40 Bard | 20 Magician
Old 03-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

All the little dino doggies
Old 03-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the little dino doggies
Thanks Legidias. I am not sure why it never crossed my mind that those could be charmed by a druid. Makes perfect sense though.

Heathcliff - 60 Bard | Carkle - 60 Cleric
58 Ranger | 56 Shaman
54 Rogue | 54 Shadow Knight
51 Bard | 50 Paladin | 50 Warrior
41 Wizard | 40 Bard | 20 Magician
Old 03-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carkle Jackson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What makes Chardok a paradise for druids?
Well since it's revamp it has all that awesome loot!!
Druids can charm the little stegasaurus dinosaurs!
Druid/shaman can stack Malo and Glamour, making charming easy.
Being able to evac to zoneline when shit hits the fan is a nice oh shit option.
Druids just have the tools needed for a good time in Chardok!
Watch captain/Bridge keeper was an awesome camp myself and another shaman duo'd.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well since it's revamp it has all that awesome loot!!
Druids can charm the little stegasaurus dinosaurs!
Druid/shaman can stack Malo and Glamour, making charming easy.
Being able to evac to zoneline when shit hits the fan is a nice oh shit option.
Druids just have the tools needed for a good time in Chardok!
Watch captain/Bridge keeper was an awesome camp myself and another shaman duo'd.
Praise druids and theyre amazing plethora of useful abilities!!