Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Good thing guise doesn't drop and its a quest reward
Old 03-23-2019, 06:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's cute when people think nerfs are staff decisions to make custom content, and not based on classic evidence.
/ponders seafury cyclops nerf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2019, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Excluding the 25 PBAE limit.
PBAoE was stated it was to emulate actual possibilities at the time (consistently). Was not a thing to be able to get 120+ PBAoE pulls every 22 mins like clockwork. It's a bit controversial because some could argue they did do a 100 pull in classic, but it wasn't really as consistent as the PBAoE you saw on this box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/ponders seafury cyclops nerf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know enough about this one to tell you the truth, but I could tell you I would be shocked if they knew the drop rates to be high and just decided on a whim to reduce it for sake of economy / CSR issues.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PBAoE was stated it was to emulate actual possibilities at the time (consistently). Was not a thing to be able to get 120+ PBAoE pulls every 22 mins like clockwork. It's a bit controversial because some could argue they did do a 100 pull in classic, but it wasn't really as consistent as the PBAoE you saw on this box.
I don't think there's any real evidence to suggest that 25 mobs is a reasonable limit for classic capabilities. And if we're going to be emulating classic network restrictions, why not have a 5 minute load screen when you log in?

You also have to consider the Ivandyr's Hoop nerf. 100% non-classic nerf.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

I agree to 25 being on the low end, would encourage staff to revise to 50 and see if it becomes a viable strategy for grouping.

They debated stimulating load times and disconnects early in server history but was decided against.

I think the ivandyr hoop nerf was a bit of an odd response to the problem, 3 -5 sec cast time would be better.

Better yet, remove item recharging. Not a well known feature by the masses in classic and just ruins immersion.

In the end, no one can do things 100% consistent and please everyone. By and large they've done the best job recreating classic EQ of any server to date. I say to them: great job!
Old 03-24-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

This conversation seems like a perfect opportunity to interject my latest wiki page: http://wiki.project1999.com/Project_1999

Quote:
For various reasons the staff has had to make sacrifices to their goal of a perfect re-implementation of classic EverQuest. Generally speaking these sacrifices come from three limitations which are outside their control: technical, legal, and support.
In this case, Guises could be eliminated, despite being classic, for the "support" reason: if dealing with the insane amount of petitions generated by them would be too much for the staff, they totally could disable them.

I'm not saying that will happen, and if I were a betting man I wouldn't even bet on it happening, but if it did happen it would fit with their previous pattern of non-classic changes.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread