Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Kobold

Default Misty Thicket - Ruined Walls

So its always kinda bothered me when I started playing on p99 that Misty Thicket had these ruined walls near the entrance to Rivervale. Never made a post about it because I assumed nothing could be done about them since they are part of the zone. Back on live I leveled all my characters in Misty Thicket and loved it. I started playing like 2 weeks after Luclin came out. I used the zone a ton though and remember when the Misty Thicket "update" happened in 2002 that added some new spawns. I remember not liking the new "ruins" that they added at the time.

I don't really have any solid proof that the walls did not exist before except my memory. I did find this post in they April 4th, 2002 patch notes.
Quote:
Not far from the tunnel that leads from the Misty Thicket to Rivervale lie mysterious cursed ruins. All that remains of what once stood at these sites are fragments of walls that are presumed to have been constructed around the same time as the nearby ruined tower. An ancient magical scarecrow stands at the center of one of these ruins and warns passers by that the place is cursed. It is a popular belief among the halflings of Rivervale that the crumbled walls once surrounded beautiful and fruitful gardens that were cursed when their owner and caretaker offended the Gods. Whether or not this story is true, the scarecrows warning is true as the gardens are host to diseased vermin and the animated corpses of fallen halflings who were brought to the there and buried after their death by an unknown evil.
I swear thoses walls were retcon'ed in, when they say they were "constructed around the same time as the nearby ruined tower". They did not exist before this patch and were added to add more camps to this zone.

Location 7 and 14 on the map from the wiki.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Picture of 7 from map.

Picture of 14 from map.

Anyone else want to back me up on this? Anything that could be done about this if proven true beyond a reasonable doubt? Is there anyway to remove said walls from showing up?
Old 02-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

I seem to recall those being added later as well. Is it possible to look at the zone file on like a Kunark CD to see?
Old 02-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Here are the maps from my archive that have a date:

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 02-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Having a hard time finding these in the data files. They're not part of the main zone geometry, but they don't seem to be part of the standard "placeable objects" (stuff like trees, stumps, tents, ladders, huts, little walls...) either. Not showing up in my personal zone viewer, though they're definitely there on the real client. Either they're placed objects that work differently from most (all?) stuff up to GoD, or they're hardcoded somehow (?!), or they're spawned by the server like forges and looms... or my personal zone viewer just sucks (possible).

Can interpret that as more evidence of not being there originally at least. Everything else shows up properly.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there anyway to remove said walls from showing up?
I just removed these objects on my dev server - no problem. If they shouldn't be there...fixed! If they do need to be there, will re add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a hard time finding these in the data files. They're not part of the main zone geometry, but they don't seem to be part of the standard "placeable objects" (stuff like trees, stumps, tents, ladders, huts, little walls...) either.
MRU1/2/3
Old 02-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

They were added as part of the new class armor to quest for lowbies
Old 02-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just removed these objects on my dev server - no problem. If they shouldn't be there...fixed! If they do need to be there, will re add.
Sweet thanks nilbog; more classic misty here we come.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MRU1/2/3
Figured those would be them, if anything. The coordinates seem wrong until I actually go in-game though. Weird.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were added as part of the new class armor to quest for lowbies
Indeed.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Kobold

Nilbog, when you removed the walls did you remove the static spawns associated with them?
Closed Thread