Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm petitioning to have your halfling privileges revoked.
dude do NOT do that halflings don't even eat that much beef if you please would read carefully all halfling lore including LOTR as well as the concerning hobbits preface in additon to tthe Hobbit itself as well as the silmarillion you will find hobbits do not even eat that much beef.

@Baler thx for notes. I've noticed my trainer keeps switching up exercises so I'm learning some different types for each day of my split [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm not sure at what rate my body gains weight now that I'm a healthy boii. My trainer suggested 1.5-2g protein per lb of muscle but all the scholarly articles i read suggest it's more like 1g protein per muscle and then the real kicker is your caloric intake.
Last edited by skarlorn; 01-29-2018 at 03:28 PM..
Old 01-29-2018, 03:49 PM
Banned

I finally just broke down and joined Crossfit. To be fair its a pretty good price in my area with small classes in the evening (more couch attention).

Plateaus suck -- and unless you have a real good idea what your doing -- your going to plateau and waste time.

So that's why I'm working out with hot housewives and weekend warriors at my local Crossfit.

But personal trainer can be just as good -- probably better for higher $$$ ones. Especially if you're a loner that hates friendly competition.

Edit: if you are working out with high intensity it can be problematic to eat too much processed food -- I've heard those are the people that puke. Also they have harder times losing water weight, but I guess ecto's don't worry about that as much.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 01-29-2018 at 03:55 PM..
Old 01-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Banned

I, personally, do not like the crossfit culture.

I already have to put up with enough shit when I do advanced yoga classes.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:59 PM
Banned

Check out the Nutrition on Goat meat:

Nutrition Facts
Goat, roasted
Amount Per
3 oz (85 g)
Calories 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.6 g 4%
Saturated fat 0.8 g 4%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 64 mg 21%
Sodium 73 mg 3%
Potassium 344 mg 9%
Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Dietary fiber 0 g 0%
Sugar 0 g
Protein 23 g 46%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1% Iron 17%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 0%
Vitamin B-12 16% Magnesium 0%

Man that is one high protein low fat meat. I think I'm going to look into getting some Goat. I've only had it once before though, and it kind of tasted like nothing.

Fat isn't bad -- but its best to balance fats so that your eating a lot more poly/mono fats rather than saturated fat all the time. But if I was ecto I might just eat Beef and Lamb more.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 01-29-2018 at 04:01 PM..
Old 01-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

@Filbert: okay, I'll give you a pass this time, especially since you recently had your guts pushed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eating, is a fundamental part of packing on muscle. You're in the right range for protein, over doing protein aka 100g+ a day is a total waste.
Something I heard is to eat up to your weight in kilos as grams of protein. Seems ballparky for non-humongous dudes.

@Jurisdictum: Crossfit might have a disproporionate effect; immersing in fit mommies in yoga pants bound to skyrocket your testosterone? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Speaking of testosterone, make sure you take in plenty of iodine and cholesterol (not too much, especially from processed sources) as these are important for synthesizing hormones.

Make sure to stay well rested as well as well exercised (oxymoron I know).
Old 01-29-2018, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

I started my spring bulk a week ago. Going pretty well so far. 3 more weeks of "phase 1" and 11 total more weeks to go :P Hoping to gain at least 5 pounds of muscle mass, hopefully more.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

I eat 100 grams of protein a day and put on 30 lbs of muscle in the last 8 months. Went from 5'10" 160 lbs to 5'10" 188. My body fat % dropped down to 16% as well

I'm no dietitian filbus but cut out that fucking fast food unless you want to be hospitalized frequently in your 50s. More eggs, lean meat, and small quantities of healthy carbs

PS: not sure why I mentioned 5'10" twice, GOD BLESS!!!
Old 01-29-2018, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS: not sure why I mentioned 5'10" twice, GOD BLESS!!!
It made me read on to see if your diet caused a height increase.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started my spring bulk a week ago. Going pretty well so far. 3 more weeks of "phase 1" and 11 total more weeks to go :P Hoping to gain at least 5 pounds of muscle mass, hopefully more.
NIce dude look forward to your GAINS posts in this thread. I'm going to be bulking all the way to MAY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm no dietitian filbus but cut out that fucking fast food unless you want to be hospitalized frequently in your 50s. More eggs, lean meat, and small quantities of healthy carbs
Thanks for your concern. I spent the past 8 years eating a highly restricted diet of meat, vegetables, and fruit all home cooked by moi and extremely healthy food... so, don't worry I'm just having a little fun now that I can eat more freely! At home I eat very healthily anyway. Lots of eggs and dairies and lean meats and sure okay i eat bread and butter

Anyway, I guess I just want to say I'm very health-conscious and don't worry about me bud!!!!!! I'm Just Having a Little FuN!!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-29-2018, 08:34 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread