Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Orc

Default P99 a game about “Fairness”

Can’t imagine myself playing p99 anymore when this is how a gm takes it upon himself to take away the “fairness” that this game holds so dearly. And to keep someone on staff for it is going to cause even more scrutiny and mistrust from those that play on a daily basis. How many chances is a future gm/staff going to get to be retained and how much more severe can their actions be handled when this game is all about putting time in to get desired levels and objects. You mean to tell me that if I’m good friends with a gm that I can get an unfair advantage and that gm gets a slap on the wrist?

To me sending a clear message that gms are held to the highest standard possible in this free to play game run by volunteers is of the utmost importantce. You said it yourself he was a gm of 7 years......does that excuse the fact the games morals were put into question or that his longevity makes up for this reprehensible action?

Fairness in p99 is all the player base community can ever hope to get and in this instance it was not met and going forward this sends a message to gms that if you violate your terms of agreement as a gm you will be punished but not banned. This sets a horrific precedent for future cases that may arise. Longevity should not be an excuse for retaining a staff member. In real life situations it doesn’t matter if someone has been there 1 month or 25 years they are still held to a higher standard when in a power postion. For example Joe Paterno of Penn State.....tell me his longevity mattered in the end?

Point being when you violate something that is cherished and much needed in a game such as this you shouldn’t be allowed to be involved in it ever again. Players are held to that standard so why aren’t staff.

If this post gets me banned then so be it. Maybe opinions shouldn’t be shared on a forum and our voices shouldn’t be heard. My hope is this post isn’t seen as bashing staff since that is such a sensitive topic. But in this sense the players have been “bashed” by a staff and yet he isn’t permabanned?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Which of your mains got banned for shady raid shenanigans?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Orc

I don’t raid and never will.
Sarnak

Delete this thread and GTFO
Banned

Sounds like you are being purposefully vague about what you're really mad about. I agree with the above poster- what did you do? You know what, forget that. What are you accused of doing that you got punished for?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

This particular plot has failed, don't waste time continuing it. It's embarrassing.

At least have the humility to concoct a new plot.

Maybe try framing the object of your distaste as having committed RMT? Is that what you got banned for? Is that why you are so mad a widely available spawn timer got shared in a moment of lapsed judgement?
Old 12-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Tldr waa waa enjoy your other game
Old 12-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Hangerbaby

The guy dedicated 7 yrs to an EQ emu and wanted to use his powers to get some titty pics. Is that such a crime?
Old 12-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangerbaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy dedicated 7 yrs to an EQ emu and wanted to use his powers to get some titty pics. Is that such a crime?
Discrimination. I don't feel like I had equal opportunity to send pics of MY tits (or nutsack, or balloon knot, whatever CSRs/devs wanna see nowadays) to get special favors. Gotta open that shit up to everyone, man.

We live in an era where we are striving to achieve gender equality, for crying out loud! This singular event just set the #MeToo movement back a decade or two at least, by my estimation.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Game being unfair is classic

Therefore this server is perfect
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread