Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Skeleton

Default Zone overpopulation

Is there any plans on dealing with the surge in players and the resulting overpopulation of zones?
U think a simple solution would be to crank up the xp modifier in empty and low pop zones. Let it be known that it has been done and I think it could help ease the population crisis that is looming around the corner.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:10 AM
Kobold

Imagine if the ZEM was lowered in zones with highly sought after loot, and raised in areas with mediocre loot. That way an interesting decision has to be made between efficiency and the possibility of money. It's not Classic, but of all the things to change it's the least of all the evils.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:18 AM
Kobold

If the zones were underpopulated, you would want an EXP bonus because there were no groups to be had haha. Crowded zones is the opposite of a problem for this server imo.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:31 AM
Banned

Jesus people really will complain about anything
Old 01-30-2019, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

I totally agree with this. There are some zones I walk into that are completely empty because they have crap loot, lack of ZEM, or are just difficult zones, so people opt to exp elsewhere else. Some that come to mind are Najena, Runnyeye, Paw, Kedge, Dalnir, Nurge, and Droga.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:32 AM
Banned

There are other alternatives: https://playphoenix.online/

The server has been open for like two weeks and it's amazing.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are other alternatives: https://playphoenix.online/

The server has been open for like two weeks and it's amazing.
DAoC? Blasphemy. Playing that server would be like eating rotten grapes to get drunk when you already have fine wine in your cup.

As for server overpopulation: Make a group of the LFGs in the busy zones and head to the path less traveled. Sitting in MM waiting for CE camp with 5 other people? Take them all to Kaesora. Sitting in KC when it has 40 people in zone? Make a group and go to Kedge.

Fortune favors the ones who take initiative.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus people really will complain about anything
Not a complaint. It's an observation with a possible solution.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sitting in KC when it has 40 people in zone? Make a group and go to Kedge.
As someone who has spent a lot of time in Kedge, including leveling a character from 35 to 55, no one should exp there anymore.

1.) Everyone needs an EB item. Pretty much every time I go to Kedge with a group, someone who doesn't have an EB item doesn't notice that their EB starts wearing off and by the time they are drowning it's too late.

2.) The exp was nerfed in July 2017, and instead of having the insane modifier that it should have, it is now comparable to Lower Guk, but the mobs hit way harder.

3.) Casting is a pain since there are very few 90 degree corners for you to successfully corner cast from on the second floor, which is the best spot to set up camp for 40-50 groups because it gives you access to the highest number of mobs. Also, the seahorse caves are best for 50+ and they also suffer from a lack of 90% corners. Most (if not all) of the corners are ~120 degrees, which works if the mob is positioned at the correct angle, but if not you're screwed.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Dude i never have issues. Why? Because i'm proactive as an above poster said... Well dang there is a great full group composition here sitting LFG. Guess i'm out of luck!

No, i check /who all LFG form a group and go to the Hole. Problem solved, i'm never sitting LFG for hours. Waste of time!