Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-27-2018, 12:10 AM
Large Rat

Default A few bugs

Hey man, nice work! This is my first custom UI to try on P99 and so far so good, except for a few bugs I've found so far.

- After dying and zoning, then opening my inventory, the game crashed. Only happened once so far, will update after I die again.
- After adding the "Collapsible/draggable chat windows with titles" file and reloading the UI, the horizontal hotbutton bar without the extra Primary/secondary/etc slots disappeared. Had to reload the UI without saving my layout to fix it (just reloading didn't fix it).
- In the inventory, I can put things in the 9 and 10 slots of my bags but they're only 8 slot bags. I'm ok with this one though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not sure if the items would disappear on logout on not, might try with some trash later.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:02 AM
Sarnak

I feel like no one has addressed the fact that Orna is a jealous bitch when it comes to what spells he can cast :P

60 Rangers don't cast Regrowth of the Grove and other such spells. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2018, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canopus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey man, nice work! This is my first custom UI to try on P99 and so far so good, except for a few bugs I've found so far.

- After dying and zoning, then opening my inventory, the game crashed. Only happened once so far, will update after I die again.
- After adding the "Collapsible/draggable chat windows with titles" file and reloading the UI, the horizontal hotbutton bar without the extra Primary/secondary/etc slots disappeared. Had to reload the UI without saving my layout to fix it (just reloading didn't fix it).
- In the inventory, I can put things in the 9 and 10 slots of my bags but they're only 8 slot bags. I'm ok with this one though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not sure if the items would disappear on logout on not, might try with some trash later.
thanks, i'll take a look into it. may take some time though.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like no one has addressed the fact that Orna is a jealous bitch when it comes to what spells he can cast :P

60 Rangers don't cast Regrowth of the Grove and other such spells. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you almost found an easter egg
Old 09-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks, i'll take a look into it. may take some time though.
The crashing after dying or moving bags into empty slots isn't a problem with how you coded it, it's a problem with the client that wasn't fixed until long after Titanium when the EQtypes for bag slots were changed to <EQType> Inventory/equip 23/0</EQType> instead of the 251-330 EQTypes that Titanium uses.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i have a problem that s very strange . I lost my "target window". I found the hotkey to get it back ( CTRL +T ) but it doesn t work.

Any idea?
Old 09-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have a problem that s very strange . I lost my "target window". I found the hotkey to get it back ( CTRL +T ) but it doesn t work.

Any idea?
You may need to reset the position of all of the UI elements to get it back. It might be off screen somewhere possibly.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The crashing after dying or moving bags into empty slots isn't a problem with how you coded it, it's a problem with the client that wasn't fixed until long after Titanium when the EQtypes for bag slots were changed to <EQType> Inventory/equip 23/0</EQType> instead of the 251-330 EQTypes that Titanium uses.
Reading the posts about crashes rings a bell for me. I've had some crashing/hanging during corpse recovery post death.

Para99: Are you saying it's unfixable? or is it an artifact of the bags open inventory page?

Is there a good substitute inventory page that fits the general look/feel of rustle UI that doesnt have open bags in it? I'm loving the feel of this UI and it integrates very nicely with NParse. I wish GINA timers looked more natural with it. Maybe I can fiddle with Gina to make it look cleaner...
Old 09-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rredd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reading the posts about crashes rings a bell for me. I've had some crashing/hanging during corpse recovery post death.

Para99: Are you saying it's unfixable? or is it an artifact of the bags open inventory page?

Is there a good substitute inventory page that fits the general look/feel of rustle UI that doesnt have open bags in it? I'm loving the feel of this UI and it integrates very nicely with NParse. I wish GINA timers looked more natural with it. Maybe I can fiddle with Gina to make it look cleaner...
It's very specific to the open bags. It's unfixable as long as the open bags are active in the UI. I use open bags in a UI I made for myself, I consider it a worthy tradeoff but I understand why some people don't.

I haven't downloaded this UI and looked at how it's written but there's a specific set of EQType's that are used for open bag slots on Titanium and a few other clients and the EQTypes themselves are bugged, that's why they were one of the few EQType's that got changed in later clients.

It's really simple to remove if you Ctrl+F the <EQType>251</EQType>, take note of whatever the <InvSlotItem=""> that EQType is linked to, scroll to the bottom and delete <Pieces></Pieces> associated with EQtype's 251-300. It's usually 80 lines. Probably should do it with a copied UI folder and make sure it loads in game in case you delete the wrong line.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rredd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try out these options from cucumber's excellent ui > https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=159