Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't get it working in wine stable either, I'm not sure if others that got it working are on Mojave yet. Either way I did see complaints about it being blurry on wine stable.

I'll give parallels a try when green comes out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
If its blury you have to make sure you install the "core fonts" with wine
Old 09-19-2019, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I almost have the process memorized)
Old 09-19-2019, 11:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I set up a new Wineskin wrapper using the 2.6.2 engine, and it worked for a few days, but just now I crashed zoning and haven't been able to start it up again. When I open it, the icon in the dock pops up for just a moment and then sits back down like I didn't just open it.

I guess I could reinstall yet again (I almost have the process memorized) but I'd have to rearrange my UI on every character all over again. Any tips?
This would happen to me.sometimes after i set the windowed mode W and L to some pretty random numbers. When i set them back to what they were before it worked again. Then what you are saying happened again so i opened the eqclient.ini file again to see if something changed. It hadnt and i didn't change anything but when i opened up Everquest again it ran fine. In short, either try adjusting the windowed mode size in the eqclient.ini file or just open it and then after closing it try running the game.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:06 PM
Kobold

Can anyone comment on the specific issue I'm having with Wine Stable?

Quote:
admins-MacBook-Pro:EverQuest admin$ cd /Users/admin/Desktop/EQEMU/MyCoolWrapper1.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program\ Files/Sony/EverQuest
admins-MacBook-Pro:EverQuest admin$ wine eqgame.exe patchme
-bash: wine: command not found
the file path I copied is correct - dragged and dropped.