Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-22-2019, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Default Black Screen

I get a black screen while playing. I don't get disconnected and can still move my character,cast,etc. My screen goes black and i have to log completely off the game and log back in order to see my screen again. Anyone seen this before? I have died a few times while in combat.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 09-23-2019, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Do you run windows 7 ? with UAC activated ?
I used to have that if another software decided "now is a good time to install/update something" while I was playing EQ, disable UAC fixed it.
have you tried to switch to fullscreen mode and back when that happens ?
Do you get the screen back if you go to full screen ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 09-23-2019, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

How do i disable UAC? When the screen goes black, I only know how to switch to fullscreen mode in the EQ UI's menu but i cant see the menu cuz of the black screen.
I haven't tried unless there is another way without going into the EQ's menu. What i did today was update Borderless gaming which lets me play any PC game in full screen. I did the update and didn't get a black screen in 4 hours of gameplay. So i'm hoping that was the issue. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get a black screen while playing. I don't get disconnected and can still move my character,cast,etc. My screen goes black and i have to log completely off the game and log back in order to see my screen again. Anyone seen this before? I have died a few times while in combat.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
You didn't get... blinded by a mob... did you? lol

JK

I have nothing else for you I am sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2019, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

That sounds like you hit alt + enter or tried to do full screen in game, which this client hates and gives permanent black screen.

Windowed mode w/ maxed resolution to simulate full screen (change settings in the ini file) is a great workaround.