Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep

Also lol at all the doomsday sayers.

See you all on day 1 unless you fail to make enough cash rmting to pay subscrip
I do not rmt, though I give "special" chat text sessions for money.

Give me 500 plat in game and you will be amazed at what these fingers of mine can type! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 06-21-2018, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

The only way p99 dies is when the servers get shut down. People that play p99 are chasing a feeling of the past. Its like heroin first time is the best then you keep on chasing it till you die or realize you are never gonna get that high again and quit till you relapse.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:48 PM
Banned

Rip to those that o.d. on eq
Old 06-22-2018, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

I did the knight's pledge as well. looking forward to checking it out. Might suck, might not. Even if it works out it will be a niche game, since you don't get to buy success and can't make max level in an afternoon (I hope).
Old 06-22-2018, 09:07 AM
Aviak

I have been following Pantheon, due to it's obvious ties to Classic Everquest. It has a lot of great ideas and following, but I can't help but question that they are going to continue to be able to maintain financing it's development until it's release in 2025 or whenever, or if enough people will even care by then.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Kobold

I bought a new computer and pinned my MMO hopes and dreams to Pantheon. Hoping they don’t fail me.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been following Pantheon, due to it's obvious ties to Classic Everquest. It has a lot of great ideas and following, but I can't help but question that they are going to continue to be able to maintain financing it's development until it's release in 2025 or whenever, or if enough people will even care by then.
I guess I don't know anything about game development but I'd be curious how this shit works because realistically it's not like Pantheon is going to be getting 100k subs for multiple years.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/about_us/the_team/ that's a lot of salary to pay for multiple years.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sereal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I don't know anything about game development but I'd be curious how this shit works because realistically it's not like Pantheon is going to be getting 100k subs for multiple years.
It is a niche-MMO with a limited but rabid group of followers. If they can draw some of the players from some of the "hand-holding" MMOs, without alienating their target audience. I think that it could be a success, I am just worried about their timeline, as it seems like it is still several years away from release.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would also make a very self-serving assumption that successful EQ players are probably at least marginally more intelligent than the general population.
lol
Old 06-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real shame they just didn’t just reskin EQ a la blizzard Starcraft
World of StarQuest
Closed Thread