Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 03:35 PM
Banned

Some people just don't like new games. Their too flashy and fast-paced. Everything changes every few months. Nothing is as difficult to get as end game gear is on p99.

There is a type of person -- not all that uncommon -- that doesn't like change all that much. These are mostly the ones that still play p99...esp after Agnarr.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would also make a very self-serving assumption that successful EQ players are probably at least marginally more intelligent than the general population.
I don't know why, but I 100% agree with this statement.

I like us.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rudimentary anesthetic
Aesthetic?
Old 06-21-2018, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Project 1999 has survived through many of these other MMO releases. It'll live to see the light of day once more, as per usual. What is dead may never day. <3 o7
Old 06-21-2018, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the first week I think the server population will be halved.

After that, most of them will come back.

I appreciate Pantheon and hopes it does well, but I don't know if it will hit that sweet spot like a lot of us think it will.
You deserve a slap in the ass sir, I believe you are 1000% correct[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 06-21-2018, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
will Pantheon be the Death of p99?
LOL no,. P99 is the BEST Classic Everquest Server.

pantheon is going to suck, sorry sirken.
UO has done it better.
More insanity, More RP, More Custom, More everything
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanna know how many $10,000 backers Pantheon had. I went to the site for the first time and couldn't believe someone would drop that kind of cash. I'm guessing only a handful, but I'd love to know.
My guess is it's someone who was going to throw 10k+ towards the company regardless - this is a nice way to get the goal number bumping quick so people think "oh this isn't a turd". Could also be like a family loan sorta thing.

I suspect if you had the kinda cash to throw 10k at a random game you would probably just buy a stake in the company and get a return/make sure Brad doesn't drive away.

Rumour (so grossly optimistic) I heard was hopefully q4 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find much of the allure of P99 is that I can play it on my nine year-old laptop.
Chances are by the time pantheon is released you will be able to.

I very much doubt this game will have any real impact on server pop unless it's crazy good. Probably see a month or two dip - maybe server peaking at 900 instead of 1200 at prime time. Even if it's the spiritual sequel to EQ in every gameplay way possible it's still not going to be EQ. People are still going to want that nostalgia and lots of people won't want to learn a entirely new world.

I find it hard to believe anyone who plays on P99 will be all that concerned with a $15 or whatever sub. A dollar a hour for entertainment is pretty cheap and most folks probably put in a whole lot more than 15 hours a month.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon game play will be unconscionably boring because they are trying to make it difficult and group oriented like EQ, but with modern style. Eq is excruciatingly boring but the art is solid and the rudimentary anesthetic let's us fill in huge swathes with our imagination.

Simply put, game play won't be fun.
I agree with this...part of the "boredom' of EQ is that (like irl) you have plenty of time between doing things to chat, hang out, watch youtube, check email etc...

I couldn't sit at any classic camp for 12 hours if this type of game play wasn't possible.
Sometimes, less is more.

If they wander from this too much then the game will not have the same appeal to me.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

a dear friend of mine called everquest Instanced gameplay. I never understood it for the longest time. But the 'camping' aspect and gear aspect of EQ really ring true.

Add some RNG into the mix, then you got a game. Prob why i'm an arpg/uo addict.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Ooo hard to say. MMORPG history tells us that even if it is top-notch it will flame out in less than six months. SWTOR and Secret World were rad concepts, but failed to have fully-baked "end game" material. Rift was a super-fun WoW clone. Aeon was fuckered from the start due to spam. I guess I can mention Funcom failures and call it good.

Speaking of Funcom--how about a well-made Anarchy Online concept? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I really do hope Pantheon works and can grab some of that sweet, sweet WoW market share. It's going to be tough with an elf sim though. Will people appreciate something difficult and team-oriented? There's just no telling.

I'll certainly give it a whirl, as I am sure most of us here will. The $15/mo sub fee shouldn't be a factor.

I also hope for the continued success of this project, including Green99. Because EQ is tiptop.
Closed Thread