Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of Funcom--how about a well-made Anarchy Online concept? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
funcom is doing bad. The last time I played AO, (last year) it was entirely filled with multiboxers and old world zones felt empty of players.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

I've watched a few Pantheon videos on YouTube of different gameplay, character designs, gameplay with the Devs and for a game coming out this year or by next year. It looks as if the game was designed and made ten years ago. I've seen graphics for games such as Witcher and Gods of War and I ask why can't they make a EQ game that looks like those games?

Pantheon is a game coming out for the PC so the graphics should be extreme... Hell, check out Cyberpunk 2077 and tell me why those type graphics can't be for Pantheon?
Old 06-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
funcom is doing bad. The last time I played AO, (last year) it was entirely filled with multiboxers and old world zones felt empty of players.
That is too bad. I have not played AO since the many hours I played after I got my beta CD in the mail.

Oh, I forgot to mention EQ2, DAOC, Neverwinter, GW2, Lineage, etc.

I really enjoyed DAOC! That is sort of the vibe I get with Pantheon. Sort of.

GW2 is pretty, and I love the dynamic content, but ultimately, it is just another easy-mode game.

Neverwinter is even easier-mode, and remains a tremendous disappointment to me due to the huge amount of material there is to work with compared to what ultimately was delivered. It is sort of like the Dark Tower movie from last year. Is this what we deserve? :P
Old 06-21-2018, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Pantheon =/= classic
Old 06-21-2018, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yep

Also lol at all the doomsday sayers.

See you all on day 1 unless you fail to make enough cash rmting to pay subscrip
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

About Pantheon, I done the 100.00 Knights pledge a while ago and it comes with Alpha and Beta access. I have not agreed to a NDA or anything so when it goes to Alpha I will post SS's and stuff as long as its okay with VR.

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 06-21-2018, 06:43 PM
Banned

Real shame they just didn’t just reskin EQ a la blizzard Starcraft
Old 06-21-2018, 06:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooo hard to say. MMORPG history tells us that even if it is top-notch it will flame out in less than six months. SWTOR and Secret World were rad concepts, but failed to have fully-baked "end game" material. Rift was a super-fun WoW clone. Aeon was fuckered from the start due to spam. I guess I can mention Funcom failures and call it good.

Speaking of Funcom--how about a well-made Anarchy Online concept? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I really do hope Pantheon works and can grab some of that sweet, sweet WoW market share. It's going to be tough with an elf sim though. Will people appreciate something difficult and team-oriented? There's just no telling.
The failure of new MMO's has been that they make it all about end game and everyone gets to see ALL the content with little effort. The 1-max is just busy work solo play and thus they make it fast to hit max because it's boring. So other than the 1-4 week grind the entire time playing is end game. No raid competition means you always get your chance at a target, if you fail well you just try again.

EQ worked because the 'fun' stuff isn't just the end game content. In fact many prefer the levelling up part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon is a game coming out for the PC so the graphics should be extreme... Hell, check out Cyberpunk 2077 and tell me why those type graphics can't be for Pantheon?
Doing fancy graphics costs a lot of money and I doubt Pantheon would have done a crowd funding if they were rolling in money.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
That is too bad. I have not played AO since the many hours I played after I got my beta CD in the mail.

Oh, I forgot to mention EQ2, DAOC, Neverwinter, GW2, Lineage, etc.

I really enjoyed DAOC! That is sort of the vibe I get with Pantheon. Sort of.

GW2 is pretty, and I love the dynamic content, but ultimately, it is just another easy-mode game.

Neverwinter is even easier-mode, and remains a tremendous disappointment to me due to the huge amount of material there is to work with compared to what ultimately was delivered. It is sort of like the Dark Tower movie from last year. Is this what we deserve? :P
I used to love the neverwinter nights persistent servers. That shit was a lot of fun.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sereal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to love the neverwinter nights persistent servers. That shit was a lot of fun.
Too bad the Neverwinter MMO wasn’t as good!

I also agree with your earlier comments regarding leveling. It is so much more fun in an open world grind than quest hub hopping. I keep thinking there will be a gift shop at some point.

Oh wait...
Closed Thread