Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

There's nothing else in this game that drops off a lvl ~14 mob that can be camped by 5+ people at once that sells for 6-7k. Even if you make less money overall camping shark at least you can do other shit or look away for the screen for more than 15 or 30 seconds.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing else in this game that drops off a lvl ~14 mob that can be camped by 5+ people at once that sells for 6-7k. Even if you make less money overall camping shark at least you can do other shit or look away for the screen for more than 15 or 30 seconds.
Sounds like the shark might fuck us up even in duo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well one more level doing paineel guards, then I think I'll do giant skeletons/hill giants I guess. Will get exp and cash, might take me all the way to 39.

Hopefully have enough to buy courier ring and maybe the other upgrades people said I should get. Then just have to either attempt forager cycle or find another cool camp to get somewhere between 39-52.

Can't find that magic get rich quick camp so easily it seems.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Courier is the worst camp I've ever done and its not even close.

I went through over 200 couriers (stopped counting at 150ish) over a 3 week period and still didn't even get that damn ring. I should have given up after a few dozen couriers, but the super short respawn combined with being stubborn about giving up ("one more courier and im done") kept me going. Even doing the camp in 1-2 hour play sessions almost made me lose my mind and quit the game. I couldn't imagine doing that camp for a full day...

Stopped playing for a few weeks and then came back and bought the ring. Now every time I see it in my hotbar I am reminded of how much of a loser I am for trying to camp it instead of buying it
Old 06-22-2018, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All camps suck, otherwise we wouldn't see them as "camps".
I love camping! Waking up in the caravan on the Austrian Alps or in a tent by the beach. Can't beat it!

I'm sad to see you view the phrase 'camp' to be an 'Arbeit Mach Frei' type reference instead of a bit of summer fun.

@ baler I've been both the hours of failed camping (my Mage did 12-25 in the field before I pulled out a ggr) and the walk thru finder (killed a courier otw to a monk epic fight and got the ring).

I think a good way to do ggr is to do it while it is xp, so there are side benefits to doing the camp. Those goblin bracers are okay experience.

Be warned; doing the courier camp will give you PTSD; every time you see a bloodstone ring drop anywhere you will suffer flashbacks.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:04 PM
Banned

Hey man it's a hard life as a main warrior. I highly suggest you hit sixty and then start selling +6 talis. I did it for a couple of months this year and made maybe 150k myself. You just need a torp sham to duo with. Three men to drop the CHers, sometimes your client can help push.

Good luck bro
Old 06-22-2018, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Courier might not be as bad as a duo, one person kill for 15 min then AFK, other person kill for 15 min, repeat. Solo it is unbearable. Like someone else said you might get lucky and get it on the first couple spawns, or you could spend days there and not get one.

You might be better off farming something cheaper but less of a pain in the ass like shiny brass idols and selling them to buy ring.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Aviak

I farmed 5 courier rings. I don't know anyone in their right mind that would ever intentionally farm a driftwood treasure chest. There are better bags that weigh 1/10th of the chest, and the opportunity cost to farm 5060p for a tink bag is a hell of a lot lower than camping the inferior heavy chest.

Why would you guys even want that trash?
Old 06-22-2018, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

If you've made the conscious decision to camp a 10wt bag, you have already lost. Then again, I wouldn't camp courier either..
Old 06-23-2018, 02:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I farmed 5 courier rings. I don't know anyone in their right mind that would ever intentionally farm a driftwood treasure chest. There are better bags that weigh 1/10th of the chest, and the opportunity cost to farm 5060p for a tink bag is a hell of a lot lower than camping the inferior heavy chest.

Why would you guys even want that trash?
Buying tink bags isn't an option and a lot of good bags are lore. Was thinking of selling them to make money.

I think I might just go after hill giants on the bard and make money that way, hope they aren't over camped though...
Old 06-23-2018, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Dungeon groups are where all the real plat is made. SRo AC is easy enough though. Get up a little early in the morning and hit track at 9pm in the desert. You'll have a 1 in 10 chance of seeing him up and usually in the mornings you'll be the only one in zone. I got two rings that way without much effort or time.
Closed Thread