Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

DAOC - still great game in 2017. that is all

Midgard for life
Old 01-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

I tried this emu for about 30 minutes (sorry for bailing on you fifield) - has character movement been improved? It was all sorts of fucky during beta. Is that just how this game is? Lol
Old 01-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Just how it is, when you turn left or right its got a weird shudder but after a day you dont even notice it. I think also turning with your mouse and strifing at the same time kind of makes it better. maybe its all in my head.

Funny cause everyone that hops into teamspeak says the same thing, wtf how come my screen is shaking when i turn lol
Old 01-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried this emu for about 30 minutes (sorry for bailing on you fifield) - has character movement been improved? It was all sorts of fucky during beta. Is that just how this game is? Lol
Something most people forget to mention regarding character movement in DAoC; it gets faster as you level higher, on top of that you are able to Sprint at 2x regular run speed using your endurance.

Some classes also get Run Speed Buffs which get better as you invest more training points into the Spec Path they belong to; the Self-only versions are available to certain stealth classes, while the Group-chant versions have 3 'tiers' per Realm - Healer speed, Caster speed, Bard speed, and they also improve as you level up and train the Spec Paths, just at different rates.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DAOC - still great game in 2017. that is all

Midgard for life
Are you making another Midgard P99 Guild like you did for the Beta? I was thinking of starting a Dwarf (midget only) group/guild for the fun of it, no one ever does these type of race-themed groups, would be really cool to see a group of Dwarves running around, spreading terror in pvp!

Still doing the Shaman/Thane thing with your friend like you planned?
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 01-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just how it is, when you turn left or right its got a weird shudder but after a day you dont even notice it. I think also turning with your mouse and strifing at the same time kind of makes it better. maybe its all in my head.

Funny cause everyone that hops into teamspeak says the same thing, wtf how come my screen is shaking when i turn lol
Yeah it's what immediately turned me off. I just can't play a michael fox sim.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Banned

dork: age of cameltoe
Old 01-09-2017, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you making another Midgard P99 Guild like you did for the Beta? I was thinking of starting a Dwarf (midget only) group/guild for the fun of it, no one ever does these type of race-themed groups, would be really cool to see a group of Dwarves running around, spreading terror in pvp!

Still doing the Shaman/Thane thing with your friend like you planned?

Yeah i've ran into a bunch of people that came over. I am not doing anything special yet, I only play when my Thane buddy can so we lvl together and since he works 4 on 4 off and im mon-friday. Its like 1-2 days a week we get to game.

The Thane/Shaman combo is amazing, we can log in start killing right away and invite anyone around us regardless of class to join in on the fun. I've noticed alot of elitist mentality around, they only want a zerker or savage for dps rather than a hunter say. So when I shout LFM, i always shout for hunters lol. god damn elitists.

We don't got any plans for a race specific group/guild but my buddy that plays a Thane loves his dwarfs, he looks like one in RL so if i ran this by him, he'd probably be all about doing this with you.

If you choose midgard look for us, soon as we make enough gold and get higher im sure we'll form a guild and your more then welcome to join.

Of the friends i've seen in game so far, these are the classes they picked:

2xSkald
Thane
2xShaman
2xBerserker
Warrior
Old 01-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

I'll ask a few of my friends if they'd be up for playing again, and if it's a go I'll probably create a new thread here for a P99-themed DAoC guild/group/alliance, or perhaps join an existing one altogether.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah i've ran into a bunch of people that came over. I am not doing anything special yet, I only play when my Thane buddy can so we lvl together and since he works 4 on 4 off and im mon-friday. Its like 1-2 days a week we get to game.
I'm playing Mid, 17 Berserker atm. Is your name still Fifield?