Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely, there's so much of that crap in item names. Another cool feature would be a search of "fungi" suggesting "Fungus Covered Scale Tunic," and other such common names. For example, typing "CoS" could bring up Circlet of Shadow," etc. I know the wiki does that for some things. For example, if you type "ToV" on the wiki, Temple of Veeshan comes up. It's probably a matter of compiling a long list of redirects for the most common stuff. CoS, Fungi, CoF, etc... just spitballing since we're talking about an "ideal" kind of site.
oh yeah. that's a good idea too. I'll look at adding some common acronyms next week.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivera [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
site looks awesome man, keep up the good work
Thank you very much. I'm happy to hear people are enjoying the site. Seems folks are using it a decent amount which is super cool too. Gives me motivation to keep working on it.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Will the site have a live auction feed?
Old 05-15-2018, 11:09 PM
Fire Giant

Awesome look and feel. Super simple to use. Love it
Old 05-16-2018, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Regarding the log input from game, there must be enough computer geeks here to be able to setup one dedicated computer for this :-)

There was someone streaming ec tunnel all day long for exempel.. just gotta hide the char so noone kills it hehe
Old 05-18-2018, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Push
Old 05-18-2018, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Oh god, please list dates Day/Month/Year.

Ya crazy yanks
Old 05-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Banned

if an item has no data, i can "set the market"?

i will use this for evil
Old 05-19-2018, 03:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh god, please list dates Day/Month/Year.

Ya crazy yanks
Maybe I'll put in a button for the europeans. To flippidy floppidty on the dates.

In any case. I added support for a couple of acronyms. Several beers deep right now and couldn't think of much more than this list. Let me know if you guys want to see other acronyms included:

acronyms = {
'gebs': 'golden efreeti boots',
'cos': 'cloak of shadows',
'cof': 'cloak of flames',
'fbr': 'flowing black robe',
'smr': 'shining metallic robes',
'fbss': 'flowing black silk sash'
}
Old 05-20-2018, 03:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How tough to integrate is a "did you mean..." type of feature in case people misspell something or only know part of the item name?
So, I thought the database I was using had an easy way to implement a fuzzy search. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything any better than what I had already implemented, which was very sad news.

I did put in some extra work to add a 'did you mean' type of section. You can now see this when you search for 'rygorr' or something like 'dizok'. It's not very robust at the moment, but it's a start.

Let me know what you think. Also, if you guys have input on any acronym searches you want me to add. Let me know.
Closed Thread