Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Default I love this classic EQ except for.....

The no two boxing rule.

I know I will get flamed for this but I don't care. I still think it should be allowed because it WAS allowed in 1999. If you had two computers (which I did) and was willing to pay for two account subscriptions ($20 per month was no big deal) then you could two box.

I had a Druid on one account and a Cleric on the other. I leveled them both to 60 back in the day but I rarely grouped them together. So why did I bother with the two accounts? Because I loved the idea of having a res available to my Druid when he died from a bad quad kite or a port/sow/invis available for my cleric so he can get to the camps where he would join a group. And when my cleric couldn't get a group I could group them up for some root/rooting of undead mobs.

There are plenty of times that I log on when the server has less then 600 players online and I find Mistmoore completely empty. That's great if you happen to be a Druid or a Monk or some other class that is great at soloing. But for a Cleric or rogue or some other class that sucks at soloing that means either no XP or close to no XP.

Here is my idea. Keep the first account free (which I do appreciate, don't get me wrong). Allow a second account for a $20 per month fee (which I for one would gladly pay) and disallow any more then the two accounts (so no 3+ boxing).

Flame away!
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 12-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

You're in Kittens - there's like 4500 members. Make some friends!
Old 12-04-2018, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not an issue during prime time when there is 1000+ on the server. I can find guild groups or pick up groups easily. But when the server population is low then so are the number of kittens on. They tend to go hand in hand.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:43 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Hangerbaby

No
Old 12-04-2018, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

I’m sure they’ll get right on accepting fees to make accounts to a game they don’t own the intellectual property of, can’t see anything going wrong with that lol!
Old 12-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More aftermath are in tov for 16 hours when dragons are in window than are ever online in kittens. The large total member count is just due to the fact that that guild has been around forever.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

There's about 75 kittens online right now.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caball [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m sure they’ll get right on accepting fees to make accounts to a game they don’t own the intellectual property of, can’t see anything going wrong with that lol!
It's my understanding they take donations. So giving them money is already not an issue nor should it be. I'm sure a clever person could find a way to legally set that up if they wanted to.

I know it won't happen. Just like Luclin won't happen. Just like Republicans and Democrats getting along won't happen. But it should [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2018, 10:22 PM
Kobold

Why wasn't this posted under rants and flames?
Old 12-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Hangerbaby

Just go play red where 50% of the pop is boxed toons and you won't even get noticed
Closed Thread