Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protork1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merging Evil Empire with TMO was a rather poor move on my part.
I should check if I'm banned. If not, Evil Empire lives on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Kobold

From my point of view, much of the account sharing, raiding monopoly problem, and economy inflation all stem from a primary thing:

Accounts here are free and unlimited.

Back in Classic, truly there were people with multiple accounts, but not anywhere near like it is on P99 where anyone can have as many as they like.

Free, multiple accounts =
More sharing. It's a minor inconvenience if someone violates trust on an 11th account that is seldom used. In Classic, that account (for which you were paying $15/mo) represented your online identity and reputation, huge investment of time, and was cherished. Clearly, removing the cost devalues it considerably.

Incentive to level many characters and equip them (hence hoarding all raid bosses for 4th alts) in order to share for tracking, rezzing, porting, and camping high value mobs (epic MQs) etc. This further increases the ability to hoard the raid scene.

A monopolized raid scene results in inflation.

Signed,
A 30 day newb.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Large Rat

o.O
Old 12-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheaume [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my point of view, much of the account sharing, raiding monopoly problem, and economy inflation all stem from a primary thing:

Accounts here are free and unlimited.

Back in Classic, truly there were people with multiple accounts, but not anywhere near like it is on P99 where anyone can have as many as they like.

More sharing. It's a minor inconvenience if someone violates trust on an 11th account that is seldom used. In Classic, that account (for which you were paying $15/mo) represented your online identity and reputation, huge investment of time, and was cherished. Clearly, removing the cost devalues it considerably.

Incentive to level many characters and equip them (hence hoarding all raid bosses for 4th alts) in order to share for tracking, rezzing, porting, and camping high value mobs (epic MQs) etc. This further increases the ability to hoard the raid scene.

A monopolized raid scene results in inflation.

Signed,
A 30 day newb.
A wise assessment. A classic server with one account per person would interest me. Not sure how it could be implemented.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Kobold

This makes me so happy
Old 12-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A wise assessment. A classic server with one account per person would interest me. Not sure how it could be implemented.
Through the use of Rogean's SMS verification system. it will not completely eliminate multiple accounts per a person, however it will make it significantly more difficult as each account will require a unique cell phone #.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Having not played in several months, and then coming back and seeing this post, I can't stop laughing. Here's the thing, I have friends in TMO and I know some TMO people personally. I can tell you that there is absolutely no way that there was no knowledge at all by at least ONE person higher up in TMO. They will claim ignorance and they will claim injustice and they will cry and whine and play new games, but you broke the rules. You (as a guild) broke the server rules. It's like the Duck People drama, the channel that has that show has to view it from a business perspective. They will lose advertisers over idiots. You guys being the idiots on this occasion decided to share your pixels among each other. While admirable, did you not think something like this could possibly happen and make your guild look bad? If you didn't, shame on your leadership. Honestly, stop crying about what happened and take action to fix it or just leave the server. OF COURSE another guild will start dominate just as you have. OF COURSE they will be as hated as you guys in six months. And if this happens to them, they should revolt against their leaders or just not be as FUCKING STUPID and share your accounts with people you don't know. All of TMO needs to watch the Oprah specials on little children being offered candy by creepers to be lured into the back of a van. Because that's what you did with your accounts, and you deserve way worse then the OBVIOUS leniency that has been shown by the GM's here (that I would argue is simply because they didn't want to lose all the TMO players). Be grateful the "innocent players" are allowed to keep their accounts. They are not innocent at all if they shared their account with some random d-bag sitting in a dark room in a basement eating doritos and playing a game that is over a decade old 18 hours a day. It is your own fault. Use common sense, and stop blaming others for your own problems.
Last edited by daebak; 12-21-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Through the use of Rogean's SMS verification system. it will not completely eliminate multiple accounts per a person, however it will make it significantly more difficult as each account will require a unique cell phone #.
I would totally support a transfer to this system. Just have a 1 week grace period so people could shuffle around their accounts to all be on one login server account.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xygon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
please never post again.
Aw, does the truth hurt? The only people who sympathize with these people are themselves. I'm not sure if you even took the time to read every post, but the general consensus was that this "punishment" is weak.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Aviak

So glad to see you taking out the trash on this server Devs... The server should not be one guild full of asshats personal playground. Cheat/hack/asshat guilds should be disbanded and all cheaters perma banned.

I love this server! Just tired of the douchbaggery and idiots and its good to see you guys taking action against this stuff.

Thanks Devs!
Long live project 1999!
Closed Thread