Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 08:10 AM
Aviak

Default SK weapon question

Are 2h weapons better than using a heavy hitting 1h? I recently made an erudite SK and I'm planning on using sword and shield. I have a Noc blade, and I'm wondering if buying a 2h is all that necessary. If 2h is better, how much better is it?
Old 10-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie328 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are 2h weapons better than using a heavy hitting 1h? I recently made an erudite SK and I'm planning on using sword and shield. I have a Noc blade, and I'm wondering if buying a 2h is all that necessary. If 2h is better, how much better is it?
You made an erudite SK. Don't start thinking about min-maxing now. Just use your fist to keep up with the joke.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Aviak

I'm sure the question works just the same if I'd made an ogre.

And I don't find erudite to be to terrible of a choice. Adding up the stats that matter, erudite is 3rd best. That's the top half. Plus its been my experience with other plate classes that strength and stamina come easy, while INT is more scarce.

Besides, does the game need another ogre tank? At least people will recognize me when they see me lol.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

noc blade outta keep you good. ide keep yer 2h skill up just because of all the options that are out there now with velious. but noct blade and a shield should keep you happy for a long time.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

I never had anyone complain about my ERU SK. I used a Nathsar Greatsword until almost 20, where I swapped to a Cracked Darkwood Shield and whatever weapons I had access to. At 45 I'm using a MoSS and the Atramentous Shield. Still no complaints. Min-Maxing is not as important as people think.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Min-Maxing is not as important as people think.
Should be even better now that class-based EXP penalties have been removed.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never had anyone complain about my ERU SK. I used a Nathsar Greatsword until almost 20, where I swapped to a Cracked Darkwood Shield and whatever weapons I had access to. At 45 I'm using a MoSS and the Atramentous Shield. Still no complaints. Min-Maxing is not as important as people think.
If anybody has any complaints about an SK it usually wont have anything to do with their weapon
Old 10-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

If you're grouping, sword and board is fine.

If you're soloing, the biggest advantage of being an erudite is a huge mana bar... so whip out a 2hander and get to fear kiting.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

I also have been wondering this as well. What is currently a great 2her that gives the best "bang" for the buck.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also have been wondering this as well. What is currently a great 2her that gives the best "bang" for the buck.
What? your avatar threw me off