Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other things to look forward to:

--Drama surrounding the Sleeper
--Questions of what to do with a lifetime-expired progression server
--Players who migrate to the next progression server lambasting those who stay with Green

Danth
Good points.

I think end of timeline population numbers on green will tell the tale of the server's ultimate destiny, whether merged with blue or remaining separate. If history is a guide then it may be unlikely the population will be high enough at end of timeline to justify no merger from happening. In many ways I think Teal merging with Green was a trial run for when green will ultimately go into blue.

Who knows though. The devs have surprised us in the past with outcomes we didn't predict.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think something that is, especially lately, misunderstood about this server is that it is a Classic -> Velious museum.

I assume Nilbog and Rogean LOVE that people play here.

But I don't think they need a playerbase greater than even 1 raid force (< 50 people) to experience it to fulfill its purpose.
So catch me up to speed: the creators of these servers sat on one for like 9 years straight, before suddenly saying “you know what we need? A new progression server every 3 years until we have like 20 different mostly-dead TLP’s to manage”?
Old 02-16-2021, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So catch me up to speed: the creators of these servers sat on one for like 9 years straight, before suddenly saying “you know what we need? A new progression server every 3 years until we have like 20 different mostly-dead TLP’s to manage”?
They're all merged back into Blue at the end of the ride.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Plainswalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you looking forward to the most? Zones?, tradeskills?, mobs? Lets hear it.

So many drama posts lately - lets have some game posts.
hmmm maybe doing some outdoor kiting in Kunark since everyone will be in velious(52 druid).
Old 02-16-2021, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what will release first the new got book or pantheon?
The Winds of Winter will be released digitally as an in-world lore book in the game Pantheon.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Start of new classic EQ server.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Winds of Winter will be released digitally as an in-world lore book in the game Pantheon.
When you cast identify on this item its description says:

"Hurry up George. You don't live forever."
Old 02-16-2021, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I'm looking forward to green hitting its timeline goal and there being no further reason to consider delaying a new PVP server. It's going to take some major personal sacrifice to play red 2.0 the way I want to, but I will be able to dig deep and get some solid hours in if it finally comes to pass.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Anyone remember if tradeskills expansions are in with the initial Velious release or did it come a bit later?
Old 02-18-2021, 12:37 PM
Large Bat

What would be awesome is if they launched Green 2.0 at the same time as Velious. Folks who want to dip out for a new beginning could do that - and the ones who want to power through the end of Green could do that. Might help spread the raid scene out a bit.
Closed Thread