Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-01-2021, 05:05 AM
Large Rat

Default Missing Models and Stuck Characters in Crashed Zones

So I have been experiencing something for the past month or so that has reached its climax, which means me writing a thread about it.

So, first item: Items having missing models. What do I mean by this? Simply put, in the inventory there are some items that have no model, from the top of my head I recall helmets, bracers, spell scrolls among other things. This came on rather suddenly and I wasn't sure what the problem was for this, but I didn't think it was too big a deal. Annoying for sure but manageable.

Then what happened just last night, is that I was exploring with my High Elf and stumbled in to Steamfont Mountain, and then the client crashed. I try to log in again and the same happens. My character is currently stuck there and I am not sure how to get him out of there.

What could the problem be? Is my client out of date? If so, how do I go about updating it? Are files on my end busted? Does this mean I'll need to reinstall the Titanium? If so, then wish this Half-Elf Bard good fortune as he'll need to go on quite the search.

Some insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:22 AM
Planar Protector

Based on your description of multiple missing models, yeah a reinstall of Titanium sounds appropriate. You can try just re-applying the patch first though:

https://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files53.zip

Linking to Titanium downloads is verboten, but if you check youtube for "4 steps to get started on project 1999" you may find some answers.

Good luck!

-Mcoy
Old 03-01-2021, 06:30 AM
Large Rat

Okay, it seems to be all fine now. Now to get my High Elf out of Lesser Faydark... Soon as I get my corpse out of there as I got lost and got beaten to death by a mummy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]