Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

Default Missing Poison components and recipes - need to be added pre-velious.

So, I'm not sure if this should go in here or in the Velious bug section, but I'm going to put it here because it needs discreet attention.

Below is the text of the book "Study of Ethereal Suspension" http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=21508.
My overall point is that these recipes must be in before Velious, as one of them is necessary to complete the 8th ring quest. I can't find conclusive proof that when during Kunark they were added, but all of the recipes are found on the book that should be sold in Overthere, and every component for the poisons comes from Kunark era mobs. My comments on each recipe in bold

Quote:
A new suspension has been discovered by Brak, a wood elf scout operating out of Firiona Vie. Due to the near gaseous consistency of the suspension we refer to it as ethereal. Several extremely deadly poisons can now be safely concocted and stored with the aid of the ETHEREAL SUSPENSION and a SEALED VIAL.

The sap of two parts crushed CREEPER IVY will stiffen the muscles of the victim. This is in game, these items are on the poison merchant in FV and were at Kunark release.

Two crushed IVORY POPPIES (sold in FV)with a single crushed FROSTY DATURA (confirmed drop off Yeti in DL) will be the bane of a magic wielding victim.

Two parts NOHOPE MOSS (swamp of no hope frogloks - NOT DROPPING) and one SNOWCAP AMANITA (LOIO poison merchant) will make the immune system of your victim susceptible to harm from the elements.

The dead SHRIVELED FLESH of the armies that haunt Kithicor when made into an injected fluid will cause a tremendous atrophy of the victim's muscle strength. Two parts flesh have proven sufficient.

Two parts SCORPIKIS VENOM extracted from the monsters' stingers enhances the venom, making it even more painful and deadly.

Two chunks of CRYSTALLIZED SULFUR and one part SUCCULENT SAP will cause a deadly rage in the victim as they suffer extreme pain and often death. (Tested, working)

Two piles of SPIROC BONE DUST (Confirmed dropping off Spirocs in TD) and one part SKYASH BILE (Confirmed dropping in Lavastorm)will cause the victim's bones to become brittle while granting them swiftness of motion.

A particularly incapacitating poison can be created with two portions of MT. DEATH MINERAL SALTS (Currently NOT DROPPING off the mobs. Should be a common drop off goblins in droga, nurga and FM) and one vial of QUICKSILVER. (This poison is required for the 8th coldain ring

An intense vertigo can be set upon a victim with a poison concocted of one part CRYSTAL NIGHTSHADE (MISSING - should be sold by Nubs Blackgranite in LOIO), one part BLACK HENBANE, and one DEATH CAP. (Sol B)

The most pain inducing poison that I have discovered yet is created with two parts BLOOD THORN EXTRACT and one part EMERALDBERRY CYANIDE. (Neither of these components is dropping from the Errollsi Bloodthorn in EJ, or is extremely rare, as i got none in 2 hours of farming)
I'll test the few I haven't tested hopefully tonight, but the big ones are that errollsi bloodthorns are not dropping their poison components, and mountain death salts need to drop from goblins all over FM, Nurga and Droga.
Last edited by Shiftin; 04-07-2014 at 01:25 PM..
Old 04-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

I've finished checking the drops for every recipe.

Here are the items that need to be fixed:

NOHOPE MOSS (NOT DROPPING) - These should be a common to uncommon drop from the froglok village in swamp of no hope. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5369

MT. DEATH MINERAL SALTS (Currently NOT DROPPING). Should be a common drop off goblins in droga, nurga and FM. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=11457
Quote:
Very, Very common drop in Nurga. Got salts from almost half of the Goblins I killed. Have 5 and a half stacks of them now after less than 2 levels of XPing.
CRYSTAL NIGHTSHADE (MISSING) - should be sold by Nubs Blackgranite in LOIO, the same dwarf who sells the book that this list is pulled from. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=14758

BLOOD THORN EXTRACT and EMERALDBERRY CYANIDE - Neither of these components is dropping from the Errollsi Bloodthorn in EJ, or is extremely rare, as i got none in 2 hours of farming
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4316

Again, all of these are in the same book that was sold in Kunark, so it's reasonable to assume that they should be in at this point. The MT Death salts are necessary to move past the 8th coldain ring, so at the very least this should all be in on velious release.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

bump
Old 04-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Salts were put in during velious. That post you referenced is from 2004 which is after the timeframe of when chardok got revamped and salts were used in quest... but they were for poison first but still not til velious.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

The book that lists the poison recipes was sold in Kunark by the poison vender in LOIO and contains only recipes which require classic or kunark components. The salts have nothing to do with Chardok, they should drop in frontier mountains, droga and nurga. There's no evidence I've found (and i looked, hard) to suggest that a single component from that book was added during velious, but there is circumstantial evidence in the recipe book that it was a Kunark Era drop.

If you have actual evidence to the contrary, please post it so we can get it right.

I referenced a *comment* from 2004 because it's the only one that speaks to the drop rate clearly.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The salts have nothing to do with Chardok, they should drop in frontier mountains, droga and nurga.
eventually after like the last patch we'll get on this server we get the chardok revamp!

in which case the salts become very valuable for faction grinders. Leave it out for now imo poisons are fun but pretty useless and i just see people farming salts for months and when it finally comes out youll have people max dok in an hour...

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eventually after like the last patch we'll get on this server we get the chardok revamp!

in which case the salts become very valuable for faction grinders. Leave it out for now imo poisons are fun but pretty useless and i just see people farming salts for months and when it finally comes out youll have people max dok in an hour...
Ok, again, this is not true because the salts are *required for the 8th coldain ring* They are used in the poison mind meld, which is used in the brewing of tainted avalanche ale.

Mind meld is also a really good poison, as are several of the 250 poisons, at least situationally.

It sucks enough that poison isn't working as a class skill on this server, the recipes should at least work for those of us who grinded it up to GM.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The salts have nothing to do with Chardok, they should drop in frontier mountains, droga and nurga.
The simple point I was trying to make is that the salts do have something to do with chardok, not now no but eventually.

as far as if they should be in now or not i don't know, if they are goodluck hope they get added for you.

personal opinion poisons are awful, which makes me sad it was the #1 reason i rolled a rog on live back in the day. Even situationally they aren't very good, and after the pop revamp of poisons they still sucked.

I got it to around 150 here before i just gave up because...why

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Salts are irrelevant in this case, you can already do this with goblin skins, and even then, if you are going to farm skins and salts ahead of time, chances are you'll capping Dizok before the chardok patch anyway, I know many of us already have.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

yeah shouldve figured with this server haha.

This was a tough one, only thing I could find was a page of npc's that sold make poison supplies, however, The dwarf in loio is mentioned as selling supplies.

11/2000
http://web.archive.org/web/200101182...eqtraders.com/

If hes in and selling supplies like he should be and is, and that poison is in the book id imagine it should be creatable. outside of that I found absolutely nothing on salts/mind melt etc from anything pre velious.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread