Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 08:48 PM
Aviak

Default Best Duo for questing/leveling?

Hey all, after quitting EQ way back when I was around 12-ish, I've decided to check out P1999 to see what I was missing out on cause I was too young.

I've also got my dad playing as well and because of this I was wondering what 2 classes would be best for leveling.

IMO I think Druid/Necro would be pretty good, necro can tank with pet and druid can keep regen on the necro, but I feel like druid wouldn't be contributing much to the damage.

Another I could think of is maybe Paladin(or SK)/Rogue, self healing/aggro keeping on the tank and DPS from the rogue?

What do you guys think?
Old 07-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Kobold

Druids are the 3rd best nukers (wizard,mage). everybody thinks druids are just weaker versions of dotters (necro,shaman), but can dish out plenty if they aren't concerned about getting summoned and gibletted. Plus you can do the track/pull as the druid. Ranger might be better for the actual pairing with a necro, as you dont need med time as much when pulling.

As for best for leveling, most people think you gotta get an enchanter as part of that duo, since charm at higher levels is nuts DPS. then you only have to pick a partner for the enchanter, and a healer is the natural pairing to keep the enchanter safe from the RNG. Any of the 3 would probably be fine...(druid for snare would be my choice)
Old 07-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Monk / Shaman is quite good

I leveled really fast doing a monk / monk duo with my brother. Both having mend and being able to flop on each other to pass aggro made things go super quick. Though hitting 50, things slowed waaay down since neither of us has a fungi.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:34 PM
Skeleton

My wife and I play druid chanter and it works very good. Especially when you fight in a place where a druid can also charm animals and she just charms anything she wants.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Druid/Necro would be amazing
Old 07-06-2018, 02:31 AM
Fire Giant

Enchanter + Enchanter

2 charm pets utterly destroy 50+ and 50 to 60 is the only leveling bracket that really matters

Anyone who needs heals level grinding as a enchanter isn't playing properly
Last edited by Foxplay; 07-06-2018 at 02:33 AM..
Old 07-06-2018, 08:24 AM
Kobold

Necro + Enchanter.

Necro has a perma-pet that will hold aggro on an enemy if the chanter's charm breaks during the fight, reducing the stress of having 2 enemies charging him. Also necros can heal, feed mana if needed, FD pull. All of this on top of DPS.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Aviak

Thanks for the replies guys, my brother actually started playing as well, so now we're rolling monk/druid/rogue and it works pretty well.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Kobold

The druid is going to be a really weak link in that trio later on... shaman would make the trio much more viable. Just a suggestion!

Edit for reasons:

Shamans slow the enemies, decreasing damage taken by 75% from melee mobs, haste the monk and rogue, increasing damage done significantly, and has better heals at 60, better melee buffs, better mana regen....
Last edited by kruptcy; 07-06-2018 at 11:09 AM..
Old 07-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Aviak

Yeah, have to agree with Kruptcy. Shaman would be significantly stronger than Druid for that trio in almost every single way. Haste + Slow alone would probably double the amount of experience you can earn in any given time. The only downside would be lack of ports / harmony.
Closed Thread