Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you feel the Green Server should revisit it's naming Policy?
Yes! It is supposed to be a fresh start! 93 54.07%
No thanks, i'll take the naming leftovers from Blue's 1,000,000 toons. 79 45.93%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like the way OP worded the poll or the post
I meant to bring this up earlier. The poll choices are worded in a very biased way to get as many "YES" votes as possible, and still, the NO votes are nearly equal to the YES votes. That indicates that there is not a clear consensus against the naming policy as announced, and definitely not near-unanimous disapproval.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

To reveal the OP intent: It was worded in a way to incite thought and with an added dose of sarcasm and light heartedness. (and slight, slight mischief?)

There are several players who may not have been around long enough to have known about the update by the Dev Staff a few years back when they announced their "1 millionth character created."

So it wasn't an exaggerated statement or meant to just be biased to the max. It was also to keep the facts in place and concise from the top end, knowing several players wouldn't take the time to read my actual post. However, I'll admit that it was more fun to word it such than just "Yay" and "Nay" lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

In all honesty, either way, I have several unique character names I thoroughly enjoy.

I just feel that with a brand new server launch, 10 years coming -- it should atleast tidy up and get rid of the dust bunnies, being that, it will not be its own stand alone server (thus merging into Blue).

And that is my personal opinion -- no use in arguing it. Some may agree and some may disagree and that is 100% fine. Doesn't make me below or you above or of a superior intellect whether you and I fail to ascertain the same line of thought... it means we are made different, we think different, we are different. And thank God! Else there would be no good debates! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There have been good points on both sides, and I am of the camp that believes there is usually a "balance" somewhere in the middle. But it is not for me to decide where that balance lies. Rogean, Nilbog and Co. have done a sufficient job thus far -- my main intent was that the issue was raised to their ear and left for them to re-evaluate and decide whether anything needs to be revisited or not.

However, my sincere wish would be that for those of you involved in the much heated debate, that you might take a step back from the frustration of being misunderstood, to the realization that, though we disagree on some points, we are more alike than different in the regard that we all obviously hold classic EQ in high regard....how many other communities of 2,000 people are still passionate about a purist movement involving a 20 year old elf sim? Haha. Just thinking..

I have read each of your posts and am grateful that, even though we may disagree, atleast we think it worthy to be brought up and mentioned and argued either way. But at the end of the day I hope we can all be satisfied with our randomly generated name or our withdrawal from the name bank and move on and have fun with green together.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been wanting to name a toon Nausicaa forever and i'm kinda mad at the lad who took the name and never played the character.
ok fine, i take back everything i have said about the purge.
finally got Nausicaa after all these years and i was wrong, new names for grabs was cool tonight.

take that internet, i change my mind and i admit i was wrong.
what r u gonna do now!?
Old 10-19-2019, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

A thoroughly approve of this necro >:-)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:42 PM
Large Bat

Agreed. I mean how often do you see someone on the internet admit that they were wrong?
Old 10-19-2019, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread