Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Default Solution to List Camp Problems

Rare drop list camps like Holgresh Elder Beads can take many hours sometimes days to get to the first position. There have been times when a SINGLE drop has taken 24 hours alone.

The AFK checks in the current system are horrible for these long camps, because of how long they can take. If an emergency comes up or you nod off at your computer, you potentially lose countless hours of work.

This causes people to either not sleep for hours on end or share accounts with others and work in shifts.

(Sharing accounts should not technically be allowed here, because it wasn't allowed in classic based on the Terms of Service.)

My proposal is that we have a system that uses /random and adds a bonus number to your result based on a factor such as the number of hours you have been there or the number of drops you failed to win. The person with the highest random wins the loot and their random bonus is reset. I believe a similar player run system was already successfully used for the Hierophant's Cloak camp.

The AFK checks can, and probably should remain, however if you failed the AFK check and were dropped from the list camp, your random number bonus will be saved for when you join the list again.

Fine tuning this random number bonus is important. It could effectively be the same as the original list camp if each hour spent added a bonus that effectively put newcomers out of range. At some point, even if you have really bad luck, you will eventually win.

Lets say for instance the random was 0-1000 and every hour it adds 100 to your roll. If you were at the camp for 5 hours and rolled a 744 and someone new comes along and joins the camp and rolls at 989, your roll would be 1244 and theirs would still be 989. You win the loot, and rightfully earned it because you put in more time at the camp than the other person. Now if your luck is horrible and you've been at the camp for 20 hours and other people on the list were there only for 8 hours, then you would effectively be first on the list and would win the next drop.

This would be a much healthier system that would be more accessible for people that put in their time at the camp. It effectively creates a persistent list order that lets people put in the work for the camp and also lets them sleep.

What's stopping a hoard of people just showing up for their chance at a drop? Time. If you put in the hours, you will eventually win. This, to me seems fair, and I feel that's what people want, to be rewarded for their time instead of being screwed over by real life.

Why would someone fresh bother coming to the camp with 0 hours invested while there's people there with 10+ hours invested? This is no different than joining the current list camp when there are a dozen people on it. Why bother, in the current list system, if the list is up to 20 people, and you know it's going to take 40+ hours which you know you can't manage? This new system at least gives you a way to win and rewards you for your effort.

Is there any hopes of this system possibly being implemented before the list camps are gone? Or if there is a new version of the green server added down the road could it be implemented there?
Old 07-19-2021, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

The solution to camp problems is instancing, but that bothers the hardcore douchebags out there. I don't even bother camping anything that is in that much demand.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

The solution to legacy list camps is to make the items NO DROP. You'll thin out most of the neckbeard plat farmers that way.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Neither of you read my post did you?

Instancing and other non-classic changes are not needed at all...
Old 07-19-2021, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/list and also your post are all non-classic.

Hope this helps
Old 07-19-2021, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

It needs to be changed but it won't.

It isn't classic, these servers aren't classic, none of us are classic players.

Just make these items not disappear, server is the same if there are 100 mana stones or 100k mana stones.
Old 07-19-2021, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/list and also your post are all non-classic.

Hope this helps
I'm well aware of that.

Propose a better solution, get shitposted. welcome to forumquest...
Old 07-19-2021, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It needs to be changed but it won't.

It isn't classic, these servers aren't classic, none of us are classic players.

Just make these items not disappear, server is the same if there are 100 mana stones or 100k mana stones.
We all know its not classic at this point, /list is a compromise.

What about what I suggested won't work?
Old 07-19-2021, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I read it, didn't like it. The answer is instancing.
Old 07-19-2021, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We all know its not classic at this point, /list is a compromise.

What about what I suggested won't work?
How in the hell would you keep track of how many hours you've been there or how many rolls you've lost? What's stopping me from porting in before the spawn, rolling, getting my random bonus and leaving. Too many holes to your logic and impossible to implement.
Closed Thread