Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Default Kunark boats shouldn't be announcing

Currently in zones like BB the boat arrival is announced, this shouldn't be in yet:

------------------------------
March 27, 2001 2:00 am
------------------------------

- Ships will now be announcing their arrival in most zones. They will
also be announcing their progress to any zone they travel through. Any
of those zones that they are not currently making announcements in will
be added in the next patch or two.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Project Manager

The only text I have for this is when Maiden's Voyage departs Firiona Vie. I can disable this by timeline, but I'd like to have the other messages and complete them all at once.
Quote:
Glisse Bluesea shouts 'The Maiden's Voyage has departed the outpost at Firiona Vie. Please be ready to board the shuttles shortly, if you desire to make the journey to Kunark.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:14 PM
VIP / Contributor

Left a toon afk at the BB docks on eqmac for a couple hours, never got any of the boat related messages.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

just curious but sometimes it feels like the boats are backwards here on red99 from FP to BB

the first stop in OOT from BB port is sister island. i thought thats where the first stop from FP should be.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i think this map agrees with me but maybe i am just retarded (could be kinda tired) and reading this backwards. ive asked in game and people said im wrong. just wanna make sure.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just curious but sometimes it feels like the boats are backwards here on red99 from FP to BB

the first stop in OOT from BB port is sister island. i thought thats where the first stop from FP should be.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i think this map agrees with me but maybe i am just retarded (could be kinda tired) and reading this backwards. ive asked in game and people said im wrong. just wanna make sure.
There are already a bunch of bug of posts about this.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

cool always tripped me out people told me i was wrong. just glad i can still read a map.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundawg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Left a toon afk at the BB docks on eqmac for a couple hours, never got any of the boat related messages.
Get a wizard to lure of lightning you while you're sittin' on that dock of the bay, watchin' the tide roll in homie.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only text I have for this is when Maiden's Voyage departs Firiona Vie. I can disable this by timeline, but I'd like to have the other messages and complete them all at once.
Sorry to necro bump, but was this "boat announcement" information still needed for all zones?

I stumbled across this log file that happened to list the BB zone messages, even has the time stamps if you need to adjust travel / announcement time. If you still need the rest of the messages I'll put me searching cap on:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5307
Quote:
[Tue Jun 05 23:50:01 2001] Glisse Bluesea shouts 'The Maiden's Voyage has departed the outpost at Firiona Vie. Please be ready to board the shuttles shortly, if you desire to make the journey to Kunark.

[Wed Jun 06 00:04:02 2001] Glisse Bluesea shouts 'The Maiden's Voyage is now ready to be boarded. Please form an orderly line to the shuttles, and remember, no pushing!

[Wed Jun 06 00:18:34 2001] Glisse Bluesea shouts 'The Maiden's Voyage has departed the outpost at Firiona Vie. Please be ready to board the shuttles shortly, if you desire to make the journey to Kunark.

[Wed Jun 06 00:32:33 2001] Glisse Bluesea shouts 'The Maiden's Voyage is now ready to be boarded. Please form an orderly line to the shuttles, and remember, no pushing!
P.S. man that GM event log was painful, so annoying that skunk. Seemed tied to the cazic / inny LFay event strangely
Old 08-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Developer

Your bump reminded me that We found this and a few other announcements from logs in January. I added a couple of new ones to oasis but forget this and qeynos. It’ll be added by the next patch.

For future reference, some of the others that are pending patch:

Firiona Vie:
Tai Glimmershawl shouts 'The good ship Maiden's Voyage is now departing our fair docks, bound for Faydwer. If you were unfortunate enough to have missed it, it shall return as soon as possible. We will keep you informed of its status. Thank you, and may Tunare bless you!"

Oasis:
Rack Stonebelly shouts, 'Da Bloated Belly be leaving da Overdere now
Rack Stonebelly shouts, 'Da Barrel Barge will be here soon soon!

South Qeynos:
Port Authority Officer shouts 'Hear ye, hear ye! The ship bound for the far island of Odus is now departing the Qeynos docks. On time and on schedule, all hail Antonius Bayle!'
Port Authority Officer shouts 'The boat to Odus is about to depart from the Erudin docks. It will arrive at the Qeynos docks in a matter of minutes. Remember, smuggling is a serious offense!'

We still need any boat announcements, if any ever existed, for Freeport/BBM ship and Erudin’s docks.
Last edited by Telin; 08-12-2018 at 11:50 PM..
Old 08-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Been trying to search on this a bit, I'm confident that there should be no shout in Butcherblock Mountains for the Butcherblock-to-Freeport boat.

That GM event log was an unedited dump that lasted about an hour and no other shouts were heard. That was June 2001. I looked at Mccoy's log files and one his his toons also spent an hour in Butcherblock in February 2002 and never heard a shout other than the FV boat arriving / departing. So I would suspect off that there was no Freeport shout (although apparently EQ2 had a 'Freeport Harbormaster' boat shouter?), but that there would be a Erudin Docks boat shouter based off there being one in Qeynos.

Do you know by chance what the NPC names were from the boat shouts by zone? I can't tell if they were an actual NPC that you could see or if they are invisible NPCs. If I had their names (maybe a ShowEQ crawl would see them) that could help track them down.

Else need to get lucky and find a log or screenshot at the right time.