Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only druid race that matters is the one that can cast POTG.
That was clever, I must admit. And true. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would think that would be very slow leveling compared to actually using mana (and I have a 46 druid with all those things except the root necklace).
Even if it takes you 5 minutes to kill something with clickies, you're still coming out ahead, since it'll take you 10 minutes to med to full.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if it takes you 5 minutes to kill something with clickies, you're still coming out ahead, since it'll take you 10 minutes to med to full.
Honestly what kind of druid root rots...? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quad as a druid, or charm kill stuff! If you going to sit and med, you might as well kill 4 mobs at one time between meds, or pretend to be a chanter and charm kill.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

A druid who's watching something on Netflix at the same time.

Not to say you can't quad and be doing other stuff but don't bring people down for root rotting, works for shamans <3
Old 09-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Shamans have Canni, necros have lich, tremendously more efficient root rotting. Pre 60 druids have no additional mana regen of consequence.

All that aside grasping roots is what 10 mana???? Sitting for grasping roots mana has not killed me in my years here as far as I can recall.

It is really not a big deal, at all. Its like saying the Clinging Darkness clickie on a shaman is still super valuable at 60, its just not.

Sneak and Hide or the racial traits to focus on for Dru, Hide being the more valuable of the two.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Last edited by GreldorEQ; 09-23-2017 at 09:59 AM..
Old 09-23-2017, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A druid who's watching something on Netflix at the same time.

Not to say you can't quad and be doing other stuff but don't bring people down for root rotting, works for shamans <3
Juat pointing out that quadding and charm killing is way more efficient than root rotting as druid.

Don't try to convolute my point here, we talking about druids not shamans.

***I forgot, I actually knew a guy that did root rotting majority of the time on his druid. It was because he wasn't very good at quadding so he did root rotting as it was easier for him. he also did have times whe he had to afk, so it helped him then too. It's much harder to manage a quad or charms when you have a sudden AFK pop up.
Last edited by Lhancelot; 09-23-2017 at 12:44 PM..
Old 09-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Clickies don't cost mana and you never have to sit. Why quad kite when you can oct root rot? Why not root rot while you quad kite?
Last edited by Ravager; 09-23-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Old 09-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clickies don't cost mana and you never have to sit. Why quad kite when you can oct root rot? Why not root rot while you quad kite?
This would be bad synergy. When I quad, I am not trying to poke around and find solo mobs to root rot while I got a quad going.

Also, often times you quad in large open areas where mobs wander, and if you got mobs parked in random spots there's a chance a wandering mob will walk by it and social aggro you.

I just can't see quadding and root rotting at the same time. Heck, if you want to do this, why not charm kill stuff too while you root rotting and quadding, do it all at one time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread