Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

i wouldnt make that bet bc i dont doubt it can be done, i just doubt that your going to do it repeatedly for hours until torpor drops. if you want to farm the wurms for torpor you probably arnt going to do it with a monk/shm combo consistently, i would make that bet.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:21 AM
Planar Protector

`i just doubt that your going to do it repeatedly for hours until torpor drops. `

tbh I dont know, but surely other lvl 60 spells must sell for a canny price? SO the maths says that killing these things would bolster the bank anyway. RNG will probably give you a 4% chance of gettign torpor (just a figure i plucked out the air) HOwever if you make 25k per kill......but thats pure guesswork, as i dont know what is in demand for other classes.

are there any lvl 60 mobs that are easier to kill on regular basis?...excluding crypt mobs....most are tucked away in dungeons? MOst lvl 60 mobs in planes would be raid lvl mobs?? something in fear or hate thats farmable with a grp....but has similar rerpop time?

Gotta be one somewhere that can be feared, either undead or animal?

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Don't think you can fear any level 60 mob, the only level 60s in the planes are on 8+ hour respawns (and I don't think they drop level 60 spells anyway), etc.

The 60s in skyfire hit for over 500, some of them have AEs, and they have 30k+ hp. You can grind through them with a group of 60s np, but I wouldn't want to be duoing them. You'd probably need to be kiting them to get them slowed or something and it would probably take you 10+ minutes to kill each one.

There's a pretty good reason that the good level 60 spells are expensive: you can't farm up a bunch of them in a few hours of duoing something.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

emp in crypt super rarely drops its, probably the easiest thing. Juggernauts in old sebilis should have a small chance I believe
Old 02-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think you can fear any level 60 mob,
That is correct. Actually it is any mob over level 55 cannot be feared. Great necromancer nerf that was never corrected.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

You guys think the price of Torpor will continue to go up even through Velious release? Or will it stay about the same and/or starting going back down?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Aviak

On live I got my copy of torpor from a guardian wurm. A 60 shaman with epic and torpor can easily (for some value of "easy") solo these beasts. Pre torpor I used to duo them with a SK.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 60 shaman with epic and torpor can easily (for some value of "easy") solo these beasts. Pre torpor I used to duo them with a SK.
Lol.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Aviak

Are you "lol" at my immense wit and cunning, or is it a comment on my assessment of the bashability of guardian wurms? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm only saying what I remember from my days on live, which was over 10 years ago.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you "lol" at my immense wit and cunning, or is it a comment on my assessment of the bashability of guardian wurms? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm only saying what I remember from my days on live, which was over 10 years ago.
Ok, I didn't understand that you did this killing on live; I thought you said you saw torpor on live, but I assumed you were talking about p99 when you said a torpor sham could easily solo them.

Did they hit for over 500, have 32k hp, and resist a lot on live? Cause that's what they seem to do here. You can't single pull them either, I don't think? Not positive.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-05-2014 at 08:26 AM..
Closed Thread