Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Aviak

As my shammy on P99 is only level 25, I can only comment on what I remember from live. They certainly hit for 500 ish, but I don't remember resists being too bad, at least after a malo. Can't remember what sort of HP they had, 32k sounds a bit much, that's what, 20 or so epic DOTs run to full damage?

I used to invis up and run to the VP entrance, then pull the static spawns to the back of the hallway. I think I could pull all 3 (or was it 4?) singly that way. Also there were wurms that would wander the zone and could be easily pulled singly to a zone wall.

Perhaps "easy" was the wrong word, I'm sure I died a few times trying this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And thinking about it, it was almost certainly post-velious era so I'd have had better spells than currently available on P99, although I was always way behind the curve when it came to gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Dangermouse; 02-05-2014 at 08:52 AM..
Old 02-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Your saying you can solo guardian wurms on your kunark geared shaman with torpor an an epic? Again I am callin bs. I have a very well geared 60 shaman and two very well geared 60 monks, I have duo'd protector in seb multiple times and I'm going to say the wurms are on par, no way are you soloing them without lining up pets and using strings. I also stand by my statement that you arnt going to duo guardian wurms to farm torpor without 5 bags full of aggro clickies to get it slowed each time unless your playing that rng game and wiping every other pull.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Aviak

<shrug> I'm saying I soloed them on Live ... as Tecmos has pointed out their stats may very well be different on P99. It's a long time ago but I'm pretty sure the ones on live didn't have 32k HP for example.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Does post-Velious mean Luclin era? Do shaman get any spells/AA's/Gear that would make this encounter a lot easier? I never messed around much in Luclin.

But a shaman definitely can't solo pull on this server, plus you get roaming adds that warp through the walls. Freakin chromodracs....
Old 02-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

the code for AAs has been deleted. i wouldnt count on it.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

If monk/sham can duo yendar (cons red to 60) id say these wurms are duoable as well.

I kinda agree though there's something off about drop rates of spells here. On live for example, Regrowth of the grove was insanely rare, sold for 30k up through velious if you could even find one. Here you practically have to give it away though, and torpor is worth more here than it ever was on live and seems to drop way less frequently.

Everyone is going to say oh there are so many shamans, but there are just as many druids if not more. Also, the fact that kunark has been out so long should logically drop prices down, yet the price has gone up on torpor/bane of nife as well as some other high level spells.

I wasn't under the impression that all dropped spells had the same drop rate, but compared to live it seems like some spells are wayy too rare.

Granted p99 economy is fucked as is the class composition of the server, I still don't get the pricing/rarity of some spells...am I missing something? Does each spell have a different drop rate, are some just insanely rare or is it the random number generator just being a prick? Lol I never remember any spells on live selling for 50k plat.

Most other items fall in the general area of percieved value as was compared to live except like 5 spells, is this weird to anyone else?
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Kobold

I lol'd at the duo! Calling some major bs!
Old 02-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by klemenis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lol'd at the duo! Calling some major bs!
You can probably duo guardian wurms but its deffinetly very challenging.

Yendar doesnt hit as hard melee(200~ max hit, not slowable) but he probably mitigates damage better since hes a higher level. He also casts some nasty nukes that you likely won't resist even with good gear due to his level.

Shit even ragefire is probably on par with those guardian wurms if you do it sham/monk but people duo him with ease.

Not really sure why you guys find this so hard to believe?

The only reason I see this being overly difficult is if you get fucked with like 3 slow resists. That likely wont happen with tash + malo though, and if it does there are other ways of doing it.

Monk could pull 1 single to OT or BW zone, sham can malo+preslow while kiting it...zone and come back while monk feigns....GG.

I'm almost inclined to try this after work today if I can find a shaman who's down.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Last edited by Tasslehofp99; 02-08-2014 at 08:22 AM..
Old 02-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does post-Velious mean Luclin era? Do shaman get any spells/AA's/Gear that would make this encounter a lot easier? I never messed around much in Luclin.

But a shaman definitely can't solo pull on this server, plus you get roaming adds that warp through the walls. Freakin chromodracs....
To answer your question yes...shams were insanely powerful with luclin gear and AA's.

They got canni 5 which was insane.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

If you guys are really curious to how this is done here's what you do. Double tash stick for a tash, have the shaman malo and slow. After that its a battle of attrition. Takes about 7-10 mins to kill one, km maybe a bit longer. Use stone stance and mend if you have to for a little bit of extra breathing room. Yendar on the other hand is much easier. Sky belt + double epic fist and you will push him all over the zone to the point he shouldn't get a cast off.
Closed Thread