Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Banned

Default the age old rivalry

I know, ogre shaman cant be stunned, and barb is handsome and gets all kinds of bawse women...

but what specifically, can a ogre shaman kill that a non frontal stun shaman cannot?

what in velious have people, not been able to kill with the barb beta shaman, and has anyone else here killed it? I've duoed a bunch of dragons but haven't soloed but I think ill try a few one of these nights.

btw that beta shaman is so bawse (if your a barb lover)

whatever lover you are, gotta agree that pre-class armor boot & glove is siiiick

but before we get sidetracked, again, what can a ogre do that another race absolutely cannot?

i said bawse twice :/
Old 10-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

I understand it's more a matter of how long it takes you to kill stuff. All shamans can kill stuff, but if your spells are occasionally getting interrupted, it's going to take a bit more time.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Presumably also it's a question of probabilities. If you're getting interrupted more, there's more of a chance that you have a series of unfortunate events that lead to you dying (or having to bail out), if you're in a situation where you're taking a lot of melee hits.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Presumably also it's a question of probabilities. If you're getting interrupted more, there's more of a chance that you have a series of unfortunate events that lead to you dying (or having to bail out), if you're in a situation where you're taking a lot of melee hits.
^^This

On my druid, I usually die because I cannot get root/charm/gate off due to being interrupted.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Most interrupts from mob melee is not from stuns. It's from push. Try standing in a corner some time and notice how very rarely you get interrupted.

I can't imagine anything in-game that can *only* be killed by Ogres. Will some things be a tad easier because of the non-possibility of stun interrupts? Sure, but most of the time, it won't matter at all, or the barbarian has to *gasp* recast some spell.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most interrupts from mob melee is not from stuns. It's from push. Try standing in a corner some time and notice how very rarely you get interrupted.

I can't imagine anything in-game that can *only* be killed by Ogres. Will some things be a tad easier because of the non-possibility of stun interrupts? Sure, but most of the time, it won't matter at all, or the barbarian has to *gasp* recast some spell.
This. Most every time interrupts are push not stun based. Push interrupts happen on this server even when cornered. I don't think this is classic though, classic channeling was almost exclusively based on X,Y coordinates. (Or their absolutely retarded (Y,X) system... I mean honestly, who puts Y before X?).

To the point that you could run around and get back in a corner that you started your cast and finish that spell. It doesn't really work that way on this server. I get interrupted (not from bash) quite often when casting my Robe (12s cast) when tanking in a corner from melee push.

Melee push is all sorts of broken on this server. Monks were not able to interrupt casters by having epic hasted fists pummeling the mob. You needed stuns to interrupt.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Or their absolutely retarded (Y,X) system... I mean honestly, who puts Y before X?).
The world puts Y before X. Latitude and longitude are given with the north-south component first.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Banned

When an ogre is hit with a stunning attack from the front, does it interrupt casting & just not add the stun component? or is casting not interrupted at all from a bash?
Old 10-27-2014, 04:21 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When an ogre is hit with a stunning attack from the front, does it interrupt casting & just not add the stun component? or is casting not interrupted at all from a bash?
not interrupted at all from bash. Spell continues casting and gives message that you channeled through.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not interrupted at all from bash. Spell continues casting and gives message that you channeled through.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty secksy..

Qquestion about some velious merbs.. I heard some have a 30% chance to stun with every hit.. Like WW dragons, or any others? Does anyone know this to be true or what merbs are able to stun more frequently than with than just their bash?

I imagine that stat could have an impact on this conversation, you know.. one day, when everything is frozen and were all like WOOOOOO!!!!!! NEW LEWTS!
Closed Thread