Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Sarnak

Exclamation [Unknown Error] Unable to login

So I was in the process of trying to play last night and suddenly I wasn't able to log onto either of my accounts. The past week or so, I've been playing on and off with no issues. Been playing on this server for a couple years now and no stranger to how to setup the install.

However, last night when trying to login, sometimes I would get no server listing and sometimes I would get a server listing but when I clicked play, the software would sit for a couple seconds and then display an unknown error and do nothing. This all seemed weird so I reinstalled the server files from the main website thinking that something else was updated. Unfortunately this didn't work. Over the next couple hours, I reinstalled EQ, reinstalled WinEq, removed necessary files from the EQ folder, reinstalled server files, rebooted multiple times as well as tried running the game directly from the "Launch Titanium" batch file and WinEQ but nothing worked. I continue to either get no server listing, an unknown error or I'm not even able to get to the server select screen. In one instance, I was able to get to character select just to have the software crash and push me back out, this is the farthest I have gotten.

After checking the Project 1999 forums for answers, I know the most common issue is either a messed up installed or something is blocking the connections. I've checked my router for blocking sites and/or exceptions list, I've listed the EQ folder in my antivirus exceptions list, verified windows firewall is turned off and still I can't seem to figure out the problem.

Is there anything else I can try to correct this? Hoping I can get some answers before I get home from work today.