Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing beats the bash on the epic, definitely best option until you can get a high end velious raid wep
Old 12-09-2018, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

can parse 120 dps lol worth looking into ^-^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:59 AM
Sarnak

ND is hands-down the best looking sword in the game.

http://wiki.project1999.com/File:Natures_Defender.jpg
Old 12-09-2018, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ND is hands-down the best looking sword in the game.

http://wiki.project1999.com/File:Natures_Defender.jpg
Can’t argue with that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

The nice thing about a knight is your epic is completely optional. It’s not going to be a class maker or breaker. I enjoyed the SK epic on live raids but can’t see the Pally one being worth using in those situations. In a group anything decent and hp/ac gear is all you “need”.

The Nature’s Defender is awesome and only a few ticks down, IMHO. Great weapon if you happen to have it as an option. Still since you are limited to two races who can use it that doesn’t make it a real comparison to the epic. Might as well include other race-locked items if that’s the case. Frostreaver (Human/Dwarf), Shield of Stalwart Seats (ERU), Adryn Sword of the Ocean (Human/ERU), Dwarven cultural plate which is pretty damn OP, etc.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what do you get when using the Natures Defender? One.. More damage per melee hit and Two.. MORE procs.
Taking your second claim first. No, you do not get more procs. Proc chance per minute is based on dex. Proc chance per swing is determined by your net swing delay (including haste) vs your proc chance per minute. ND will get more procs/swing than any quicker weapon, but same procs/minute as every other weapon.

As for more damage per melee hit, ... if bigger numbers make you feel good i guess that's ok. FD will outdamage ND until/unless late velious combat revamp goes in, at which point they'll be near equal, but the day paladin damage output is actually important to gameplay has never dawned on p99.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Banned

In velious paladin epic is basically a stat stick that looks cool.

Dmg wise a reaver does more damage.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In velious paladin epic is basically a stat stick that looks cool.

Dmg wise a reaver does more damage.
60% of the time the reaver works best every time!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taking your second claim first. No, you do not get more procs. Proc chance per minute is based on dex. Proc chance per swing is determined by your net swing delay (including haste) vs your proc chance per minute. ND will get more procs/swing than any quicker weapon, but same procs/minute as every other weapon.

As for more damage per melee hit, ... if bigger numbers make you feel good i guess that's ok. FD will outdamage ND until/unless late velious combat revamp goes in, at which point they'll be near equal, but the day paladin damage output is actually important to gameplay has never dawned on p99.
Im curious about the claims here.
Im only saying the nature's defender would do more damage is not mainly due to the 2 weapon dmg increase. Im looking at the delay. For 2h Weapons, the higher the delay the more bonus damage you get. (the amount is a lot higher the 1h damage bonus) - >

Now about the procs. I think I understand your claim which is your basing the proc rates on a procs per minute scale correct?
Like lets say I wield a weapon hasted for 1 minute and then wield the same weapon not hasted for 1 minute after.
You're claim is the result = same amount of procs occur in a one minute duration?
I know it says it on like the wiki and stuff so im not going to discredit your idea..
But why is it...
For OT hammers... someone could be trying to proc the hammer on someone for what ive seen up to 2 minutes without a proc
And if whenever i need to OT proc i just slow myself and get it off the first swing? ( 90% of the time )
Last edited by Xaeophi; 12-10-2018 at 08:45 AM..
Old 12-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Slowed = higher proc chance per swing, but it evens out over time (less swings = less chances / minute).

You have a higher chance in every single hit, but given 2 minutes, the same amount of procs will go off.
Closed Thread