Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-12-2022, 03:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Zoning into Kunark issues..

I have tried taking the barge out of Oasis over to Kunark a couple of times now, only to have the barge zone without me and plop me into the ocean. Any suggestions? After the first try, I thought maybe my pet was causing a problem and got rid of him, but the result was the same.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yep, tried it again tonight. I was with my son. He zoned in, I got dropped into the ocean again.
Old 09-13-2022, 02:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

A port from a druid worked, but still having no luck with the barge. Trying to troubleshoot as much as I can to help you guys zero in on the issue...
Old 09-13-2022, 04:19 PM
Aviak

maybe try replacing oasis and timorous deep files on your pc with the ones from your sons since it worked?

Just a thought anyway as i have never run into that issue. Back long ago on live i would have an issue where my computer took so long to zone, the boat would be gone by the time i loaded in, and i would be plopped in the ocean there, but never kicked off boat as it left the originating zone.
Old 09-21-2022, 12:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

At this point, I'm certain it has something to do with Timorous deep. I cannot take the barge there from Oasis or Butcherblock, but I can go everywhere else. So how can I fix these files? Understand, you are talking to someone who isn't very good at a computer.. I've been playing an Xbox ever since I quit the game originally, 20 years ago, lol.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:38 AM
Aviak

my suggestion would still be to replace your timorous deep zone files with ones from your son's installation if possible. These 8 files - copy them from the working installation onto a flash drive, then paste them into your installation and choose overwrite when prompted.

timorous.s3d
timorous2_chr.s3d
timorous_chr.s3d
timorous_chr.txt
timorous_lit.s3d
timorous_obj.s3d
timorous_sndbnk.eff
timorous_sounds.eff

Does it affect all your characters? I suppose there is also the possibility that its something specific in your character files if it only affects the one.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

I have the same issue but only from the TD shuttles > BB. Those drop me in the water upon zoning into BB every time, but the other direction (and the FP boat) are fine. This is the only one that does it, so I've never cared because it's a short swim.

-Mcoy
Old 09-21-2022, 05:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I will give this a try, thanks for the suggestion!
Old 09-21-2022, 07:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Actually, I just compared my eqfiles to my son's, and I am missing alot of files. What would be the best way to get all the files put in without screwing up my character?
Old 09-21-2022, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Make a copy of your eqclient.ini and any character's ini files (they look like character_project1999.ini or p1999green.ini) and then reinstall / repatch. Put them back where they were afterwards.

-Mcoy