Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Default Don't be afraid of wizard ports!

Just letting you all know, Wizard ports aren't so bad! Even the ones that are bad, aren't bad. I wanted to share some little tips about wizard ports, so maybe I (and other wizards) will stop getting the "oh sorry thought you were druid nm" messages when someone is trying to get a porter.

The Fay
Coming into greater faydark is a very safe place for even evils. The interesting things to note are the large amount of requests for steamfont I get as a wizard, who cancel when offered Gfay, and they are headed to mistmoore. The greater faydark port is a great access to Mistmoore, in fact the closest. You come in right at the zone to Lfay, and follow the wall to the right and youll be there quick. You can bind anywhere in Gfay, and its a great place to come in at. We only get this one port to the whole continent, but you're essentially dead center.

The Karanas
A high level wizard is your fastest route to Qeynos! MAKE QEYNOS GREAT AGAIN we need more newbies there. A quick evacuate after a west karana port and your at the zone line to Qeynos Hills. Requires a 57 wizard. Still, the WK port in saves a lot of time there if no high level available. Our NK port is very good for getting straight into SK.

Iksars love Wizards, EJ
Our EJ Port is incredible, because it has a very special feature. On your port in, without even requiring levitate, you can run directly west, causing you to scale the wall magically, and if you continue to run exactly west, youll enter right into field of bone. Its the fastest way to FOB, and no evacuate is needed to get up there. Just run west! Bam! Send homesick iksars back faster then anyone.

Skyfire is a 99.9% safe port. No, im serious
The dreaded wizard skyfire port. It is suicide. The wiki used to say not to even scribe it. I personally changed that. The skyfire port is a great tool for wizards, and very safe, with notes. Yes, you port in, you die.. unless you port in invisibly. Its absolutely safe, since 0 of the mobs see invis there. How does one port in invisibly? With an invis prime, of course. Finishing the casting of spells doesn't break invis. So invis your portee, and grab that little level 4 enchanter sitting next to you at the tunnel, throw him a copper, and have him begin to invis you. When he starts to cast, start to Tishans relocate. When the invis resolves, kick him out of the group.. but better to let him disband due to the group kick bug. Is your invis fading? Duck. Is your portees invis fading? Tell him if that happens to drop group and come back and get him. Its rare. Bam, easy Overthere, skyfire, whatever. Wizard safe.

Cazic Thule.. its basically the feerrott
I usually port in with people to CT, and tell them how great the port is so I can show them to the door. Its 10 seconds from the zone to feerrott, and positions you so well for most places. As my portee exits, I welcome them to feerrott. Oggok straight ahead, swamp right, mountains left.

Lavastorm - Okay, maybe Nektulous isn't exactly the same, but its free!
Most wizards have a staff of the scorned and we love the free clicky. Nektulous isn't so bad, its a short run into LS.

Need to stiff your wizard porter?
We won't mind it so much if you do it on: Nektulous, or the four translocates to NK, Dreadlands, Fay, or Tox. Those are reagent free, so when I get stiffed on those boops, I don't mind. Again, nektulous is a free portal spell for most wizards.

Need to go to the tunnel?
Don't ask me for WC. Ask me for North Ro! We can literally port you to the damn tunnel. Its a great one. I can even kick you there. if your aksing a low level wizard for WC or Ro, don't forget they dont get it until 39. However, nektulous is at 34, and its not very far! Your wizard can invis you for the bridge if the inks don't like you.

Wizards get there faster
My guildies might not like this, but sometimes ill even get *gasp* wizard bias.. Its a miracle when it happens, but someone will mention that we arrive faster for port requests and that's why they ask wizards first. Its true, because when we have a line of ports, we can usually punt half the people with TL's without having to do an entire zone over for every person, and when we get a line of velious ports, at the very worst, we are just the same.

Need to go to Misty/Rivervale?
Okay fine go get a druid.

EVERYWHERE ELSE?
GET A WIZARD, BABY

... but yeah if its skyfire still maybe try the druid first then do the invis thing, yada.

WIZARDS!
Old 12-15-2018, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

This makes my level 24 wizard's heart smile
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-15-2018, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Can I get a sow to aid my onward journey? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-15-2018, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

when i first starting playing p99 (and consequently, everquest as a whole) i met someone who mained a wizard, and they got me incredibly familiar w/ their port locations. whenever i go for dial a port i always prioritize the wizards cause they indoctrinated me young

i still miss them...
Old 12-15-2018, 11:07 PM
Banned

sow please
Old 12-16-2018, 12:08 AM
Aviak

https://youtu.be/bpgQSbwnWD0
Old 12-16-2018, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sow please
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-16-2018, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when i first starting playing p99 (and consequently, everquest as a whole) i met someone who mained a wizard, and they got me incredibly familiar w/ their port locations. whenever i go for dial a port i always prioritize the wizards cause they indoctrinated me young

i still miss them...
You are a 400+ lb virgin. You miss everyone.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:43 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sow please
Old 12-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WIZARDS!
High Five good post
Sincerely lvl 52 wizard
Closed Thread