Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieRockyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cuz he baracck
Old 07-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Clinton served until Jan 2001. Live EQ was still in Velious then I think.

Clinton's first 2 years were fairly progressive, but as usually happens the congress switched hands at the mid-terms, and from then he was forced to take more of a middle road.
Last edited by Raavak; 07-12-2018 at 04:08 PM..
Old 07-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Banned

that's about the last time the mariners weren't ass.

until now...trump good? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2018, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clinton's big accomplishments were

welfare reform (cutting social spending)

trade agreements (outsourcing US jobs)

crime bill (vastly increasing crack-related incarceration)

and balancing the budget (so the republicans could spend on welfare for the rich)

Obama was relatively more centrist -- except on military where he was far right.
yeah, but WJC also stopped a genocide, opened the door for gays in the military and played the sax.

obama expanded corporate welfare, comitted genocides and made JOHN KERRY Secretary of State.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Banned

It's still too hot to say out-loud in most company -- but the truth is Obama was the first Affirmative Action president. People fell in love with the MLK sounding voice promising hope and change. And people really didn't want to accept what a hollow corporate shill he was in reality. Along with that wife of his that everyone says is "beautiful" (not really)...she was a god damn corporate lawyer. She always had that "I just won the lottery" look on her face in her first public appearances after Obama rose as a strong contender.

If they didn't run an out of touch plutocrat against him he could have lost 2012 -- but the establishment got greedy on what they considered an easy to win election and tried to push through one of their own.

The racists -- and there was a ton of racist bullshit in response to Obama -- permanently discredited many of his harsh critics.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 07-12-2018 at 04:21 PM..
Old 07-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Banned

i judge presidents on whether i feel happy during their tenure.

mariners good = clinton good
seahawks bad = bush bad
seahawks good = obama good
if the mariners make playoffs = trump good

in conclusion both sides are the same. im a centrist. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i judge presidents on whether i feel happy during their tenure.

mariners good = clinton good
seahawks bad = bush bad
seahawks good = obama good

in conclusion both sides are the same. im a centrist. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sports party on the rise

*takes a knee*
Old 07-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
NATO Doesn’t Need More Defense Spending America needs less.

What American liberals should be saying is not that Germany’s defense spending is too low but that America’s is too high. Plenty of Democratic voters, after all, desperately want the kind of welfare state that Germans already have. They want to check in to the hospital without risking bankruptcy and to attend college without going into debt. Higher defense spending means less money to achieve those goals. Perhaps it’s no surprise that Democratic leaders in Congress—who enthusiastically backed Donald Trump’s military buildup earlier this year—are now demanding a similar buildup in Europe. But, in doing so, they’re not highlighting a problem with Europe. They’re highlighting a problem with themselves.
The author is a professor in political science. Not surprising to me because everyone that studies political science and isn't paid to think otherwise knows our military spending is out of control and creating a lot of problems. It's completely non-controversial all over the world.

Don't hold your breathe for Germany to double is military spending. Germany simply doesn't have to and doesn't have the kind of private interest to push it through because Trump asked them.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's still too hot to say out-loud in most company -- but the truth is Obama was the first Affirmative Action president. People fell in love with the MLK sounding voice promising hope and change. And people really didn't want to accept what a hollow corporate shill he was in reality. Along with that wife of his that everyone says is "beautiful" (not really)...she was a god damn corporate lawyer. She always had that "I just won the lottery" look on her face in her first public appearances after Obama rose as a strong contender.

If they didn't run an out of touch plutocrat against him he could have lost 2012 -- but the establishment got greedy on what they considered an easy to win election and tried to push through one of their own.

The racists -- and there was a ton of racist bullshit in response to Obama -- permanently discredited many of his harsh critics.
i Thor gut he had a nice message too and lieked watching his speeches early on. Interest/respect tumbled over the course of his presidency though. Main thing that I didn't liek about him (aside from policy issues pff) is that he was super bitchy. TYPE As MUST NEVER AGAIN BE ALLOWED TO POTUS.

i need something liek sportsball to associate with presidencies.

i had no interest in the obama/Romney contest and the obama/palin choice wasn't really a choice. by the time trump came around, was ready to pass a giant F U to washington (D.C.). he was more left than other republican candidates, was not HRC and without question has the highest testicular fortitude outta all presidents ever.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually knew Servais in the early '90s, and I bet he's down for Trump.
Closed Thread