Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Skeleton

Default EQ2 refugees

I was following this project a couple years ago but lost track after the first forums went down. Wife and I started back on EQ2 after a couple years off and both have max level/AA/crafting characters now and were running TOFS, Pools etc...when the servers went down. Well a week and a half later were still waiting. My wife was fiending so hard she started playing Hello Kitty online and I knew I had to make a move before she started doing crazy crap like, going outside or reading or something horrible!!! So I had this bookmarked and did the mad scramble for my Titanium CD's.

So I'm here, just saying HI. We created our characters last night, she's Stellannis, barbarian tank, and I created a cleric, Warkral, but may not stick with it. I was a wizzy in original EQ, Razzlam bertox server and really loved it. Just worried about finding healers consistently. That was always an issue back in the day. Never played a chanty before, may give that a try...who knows!

Now if I can just get the devs to approve my IP exemption.... Had to sit watching TV last night while she was out killing wolves an skellys. Was brutal!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Hehe. Welcome to the Club Jave. I'm in the same boat. I usually sit on the balcony reading a book while my girlfriend plays P1999. That exemption can't come soon enough! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

I am a EQ2 SoE refuge as well, I play on AB... probably not going to return to the game honestly.... I have officially lost all faith in Sony...sucks too Was about to finish out my full set of T1 DoV raid gear.

I am currently running a 20 warrior named Drukath. Enjoy your time here. Have fun, remember the grind is part of the experience.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the server.

Shaman/Druid/Necro will all pair well with a warrior. Shaman would probably be the best duo (and gets you 2/3rds of the holy trinity).

Enchanter + Warrior will always be a great start to a group and you can make some xp as a duo, but not incredibly efficient since you can't completely avoid damage to the tank the way a necro would, or heal the damage after the fight the way a Shaman/Druid can.

A wizard would get you a lot of raid attention at end game but be a difficult way to get there (having a warrior with you at all times would help you group situation at least). You should be able to duo somewhat since as a wizard you can shorten a fight by a large amount. It won't be fast, but you'll be able to make progress while waiting on groups.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Large Rat

Hi all! I never had a chance to experience classic EQ (back in the day).
My intro into mmorpgs was Vanguard, via Jave (i didn't even know what an mmo was).
Once we realized Vanguard was a sinking ship (broke my heart), he took me to EQ and we played for a bit and then EQ2 (AB server).
This is definitely different, but sooo much better than HKO (I just wanted enough shards for the @#$% hello kitty hat).
So yea, he's logged in now, lvling his Enchanter and I'm pretending like: "it's cool. i can read and stuff".
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Orc

Hey all , Welcome to the server!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Kobold

Sup guys and welcome.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Skeleton

Haha yea, I have ALWAYS wanted to play a chanty but never had the willpower to start from scratch(spend YEARS leveling my wizzy). So this time around I said "screw it" and started one. Having a blast so far, just wish the spells weren't so darn expensive!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Large Rat

slight eq2 refuge myself.. i cancelled my account a few months ago though.. played on lucan until the server merger to crushbone. Welcome to the oldschool fun!

Rumblepants -27 warrior
Closed Thread