Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will Trump Leave On His own?
Yes 41 36.28%
No 72 63.72%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"It was brought to our attention". By who? Are you so incurious you don't care who brought it to their attention, and why? And based on what? People are so enamored and infatuated with scientific jargon. A doofus idiot with no peer review can still be right about something. There are also serious issues with the peer review process, in that a group of people who already have conclusions they want to be true and all agree with eachother peer review eachother's papers. So even if it had the pedigree of peer review, that wouldn't necessarily be meaningful.

Why not actually engage with what is said in the paper, rather than saying "well because of this, I don't have to contend with it at all." while plugging your ears? Give it the benefit of the doubt and actually read what she said. It "has been used" to support "dangerous misinformation". So, other people who are not the author have used it to spread "dangerous misinformation". No specifics at all about what is dangerous or inaccurate, and their gripe isn't even about the paper or the author, but that other people are using it wrongly. Science will never move forward with this kind of paranoid censoring. The vast majority of scientific theories are wrong, the whole point is that they should all be consumed and considered and the right answer eventually teases itself out. Their conclusion that it "spreads dangerous disinformation" could itself be wrong. Maybe it doesn't, maybe it's right. She has serious credentials, it should be seriously considered.
Perhaps it was brought to their attention by someone with more expertise? I assume someone on the faculty?

But let me get this straight... She has her M.A. (probably a policy application degree like mine) and since her point reflects your worldview it needs to be considered? And yet you're so dismissive of actual expertise when it conflicts with your world view.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps it was brought to their attention by someone with more expertise? I assume someone on the faculty?

But let me get this straight... She has her M.A. (probably a policy application degree like mine) and since her point reflects your worldview it needs to be considered? And yet you're so dismissive of actual expertise when it conflicts with your world view.
"Actual expertise" is just code word for the extant power structure that doesn't want to see their narrative assailed.

Seek Christ

Hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You completely evaded literally every point I raised. You have a blind faith in "expertise" as if experts can never be wrong, and dunces can never be right. I'm simply saying that it is worth consideration, this is how the scientific method works. Literally einstein wasn't taken seriously at first because he didn't have "expertise" and was a patent clerk. Then after about ten years, he turned out to be completely correct in his assertions.

Their beef with her conclusions was extremely nebulous and vague, they didn't even attempt to explain *how* it is spreading misinformation or why it is dangerous. They just shat out some scary words and called it a day. This is not science, or skepticism, it's partisan allegiance.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

If you wanna know the truth God will have to reveal it to you through Jesus Christ.
Beware what you seek.

Sometimes, being innocent is a good thing, and knowledge of government systems is one of those instances.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:00 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You completely evaded literally every point I raised. You have a blind faith in "expertise" as if experts can never be wrong, and dunces can never be right. I'm simply saying that it is worth consideration, this is how the scientific method works. Literally einstein wasn't taken seriously at first because he didn't have "expertise" and was a patent clerk. Then after about ten years, he turned out to be completely correct in his assertions.

Their beef with her conclusions was extremely nebulous and vague, they didn't even attempt to explain *how* it is spreading misinformation or why it is dangerous. They just shat out some scary words and called it a day. This is not science, or skepticism, it's partisan allegiance.
....partisan
Old 11-28-2020, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

What do you think the White House smells like after 4 years of Trump? It's gotta reek of stale french fries and chicken buckets.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait, i need a picture of the first cat

also

i dont believe donald wears a diaper and shits himself constantly
Oh me neither but it's still funny.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Smells like success and winning ( and melanias neat pussy )

What will it smell like 4 years from now?

Old people
Cuz Trump is so young and fit... Everytime he's in front of a camera you can see the stink haze emanating from him.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cuz Trump is so young and fit... Everytime he's in front of a camera you can see the stink haze emanating from him.
You got trolled
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got trolled
Oh noes! Trolled on P99? Someone ring the shame bell!
Closed Thread