Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Kobold

The tactic doesn't work as well as it did on live, but I can see why a developer would want that to be the case. Chain petting is a very powerful strategy.

I am happy that we got a response in here at least. Rogean, do you think that pets are generating as much aggro in P99 as they're supposed to? There have been a lot of threads on this subject as well. Just trying to see if it's on the to do list, or if it's working as intended.

Additionally, as long as you're about, I'd like to inquire about the poison/disease counter aggro. It seems that spells like poison bolt pull a disproportionate amount of aggro while solo or in a group.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Banned

Poison bolts were always huge aggro.

Don't derail the pet aggro thread >_<
Old 07-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Kobold

Okay, I won't derail that, but I'll dispute it quietly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is actually working as intended. When a pet dies, depops, or whatever, a portion of the aggro (how much exactly depending on if it is a summoned or charmed pet) is transferred to it's owner.
Ya that part is known and have always been a part of chain casting pets, but you have to admit that when Pet taunt (summoned) is not working, and melee attacks generating nearly no agro, and pet spells (earth root) gets resisted - and still generate no agro, it gets very hard to use this tactics.

Pet chaining was always risky also on live, but atm on P99 it's a total PITA to practice
Old 07-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care about taunting as much as melee and procs of pets not producing sufficient aggro.

Taunting working is a plus for me, not a requirement.
If Taunting worked, you propably would only notice that pet seemed to accumulate a little less agro during a fight that expected.

Try logging on to live and test what difference it makes when you turn pet taunt on and off
Old 07-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Did this all the time on live with my mage, except I was smart enough to know earth pets are better and used them for this strategy... once root lands the problem is solved.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

absolutely seems broken
Old 07-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is actually working as intended. When a pet dies, depops, or whatever, a portion of the aggro (how much exactly depending on if it is a summoned or charmed pet) is transferred to it's owner.
That's can't be correct.....

As a bard on live you could charm something, send it in, and everything woulda insta-social agro it. If you recharmed it and sent it in, same thing would happen.

You gain agro for nuking mobs, smacking em around, but you definitely do not get a "transferred portion" of your pets agro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Skeleton

I remember it being this way originally on live, and then changing it much later down the line. But as late as velious i remember mages getting fucked cause something would happen and their pet would die, and when that hate would transfer back the tank would lose agro, mage would die, and agro would go right back to the tank.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember it being this way originally on live, and then changing it much later down the line. But as late as velious i remember mages getting fucked cause something would happen and their pet would die, and when that hate would transfer back the tank would lose agro, mage would die, and agro would go right back to the tank.
This was actually a common happenstance in that:

1) Your pet would actually out agro/dmg the tank, and have the most agro in the group.
2) As a hardcore magician, you realized that your pet was the best ever, and therefore, had awesome agro capabilities
3) Due to mechanics, the nasty bad mob you were killing would instead bash on the silly warrior, and not your high agro pet
4) HOWEVER, if your pet died, (ie: highest on agro list), agro then transferred to the 2nd highest person, (ie: the mage!)

Soo, if the agro list was: Pet, Mage, Ranger, Bard, Monk, Warrior

Then as long as the Ranger, Bard, Monk, or Warrior were in agro range, the NPC was content to stay, because it was also in melee range of the pet, which had all the agro. But like I said, pet dies, and instantly the Magician is up shit creek.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]