Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Bumpity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'Old Yelinak' vs 'New Yelinak', I'd like some feedback from those of you that fought him
Never fought the original one, so my interpretation and presentation of evidence is strictly based on what I can cobble together. Anyone with actual experience is encouraged to weigh in.

January 13, 2001 - Killed for the first time by Afterlife
http://web.archive.org/web/200107220...lifeguild.org/
Pictures:
http://web.archive.org/web/200106270...fe/yelinak.cfm

March 27, 2001 - Killed for the "first time" anywhere post-update
http://web.archive.org/web/200107220...lifeguild.org/
Quote:
Lord Yelinak is Slain!
For the first time anywhere, Afterlife killed Lord Yelinak, the white dragon residing in Skyshrine. While the dragon has been killed before (including being killed by AL), he received some 'tuning' by VI, along with the various clerical nerfs which made him much more difficult to conquer...but not impossible for the likes of Afterlife.
Great Job Everyone!
The clerical nerfs referenced is probably the Donal's BP and Celestial Elixir BP nerfs (March 14, 2001) that came between each "first" kill.

Appears to have been a second upgrade around October 2001

http://web.archive.org/web/200111110....shtml?id=5597
Quote:
Oct 25th 6:22 PM 2001 Hes has now been upgraded, to try him again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Nov 7th 5:06 AM 2001 try doing him with 4 groups now. thnx la~ {responding to a September 26, 2001 brag about killing with 4 groups}
Last edited by Ele; 05-31-2013 at 05:38 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

All good sources and enough for me to prove the 'hard to prove' point to Nil. )

I'm working on the spell lists. In general, where did the gate spells come from? The portals I found.

Quote:
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Last edited by Aeolwind; 05-31-2013 at 05:34 PM..
Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Developer

Bumping for great justice.

Adding for flavor and fun: Taunt should not effect mobs above your level?

Quote:
Old 06-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For a time.

------------------------------
March 6, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

*NPC AI Adjustments*

-- Level 60 players with the taunt skill will now have a chance to
taunt creatures that are level 60 to 65. Previously, players could only
taunt creatures below their level.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Banned

Ele this thread is Dr. approved. Top drawer, sir.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

above or equal to your level.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Aviak

Going to pull out my old hd from my eq comp and see if I still have any of this on there. If I do ill send you everything I can find. I used to keep logs on all the time when I played before.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
above or equal to your level.
According to those patch notes (That I had previously found and prompted the question) that would be incorrect. If you have debating information I'll be happy to look.

So, 2 things for investigation: Boss mob interruption (cranking up to 11) and hopefully, reviewing taunt.

Interruption is way too easy. Moving a mob as little as .01 loc distance is enough to not even get the occasional 'regains concentration' message. You should have to beat mobs like Hoshkar, Silverwing, PDiddy and Gorenaire yards to stop a gate or heal, or sieve and 'hope' they don't regenerate enough on that tick to get it off. It is a big deal that needs addressed. I'm going to look at non-source options before I start bugging source folks. Not to mention the loot being incorrect in VP.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Kobold

I farmed a set of guardian and sentry for an alt bard and alt rogue about a month in to velious. Anything that drops guardian also drops sentry. I mostly farmed between zone in (not the first 2 after nerf) and the fountain area. I went as far back as the bank. They all could drop it.

I am not saying these are the only guys that dropped it, but confirming that they definitely did and they definitely dropped both.
Closed Thread