Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Will they be on a timed schedule? Weren't the original boats exactly 20 mins or something like that?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

I find it hard enough to find a port as it is...
Old 11-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

It is based strictly off the respawn times of the NPC's and the timers. They are not interlinked. Simpler solution this time to let the server and DB deal with it than have the translocators just randomly decide to stop working.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

So the knight card quest is going to work when the server comes back? http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ht=knight+card

Also, is there a way to set it up so the TL from BB that puts you at "brother island" (location 2 on this map). http://web.archive.org/web/200801251...m/ootmap1.html
Old 11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the knight card quest is going to work when the server comes back? http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ht=knight+card

Also, is there a way to set it up so the TL from BB that puts you at "brother island" (location 2 on this map). http://web.archive.org/web/200801251...m/ootmap1.html
Point 1, yes.

Point 2, as I said before I made it slightly more friendly on the dock already, I don't think this will be needed. While I want the destination to be relatively safe, there needs to be some drawback to playing an evil race or hosing your sister faction.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Aviak

Wow, this is certainly a clever solution. As much as I will now be unhappy waiting it is still a heck of a lot faster than taking the boat.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah_b [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other news a recent investigation shows Aeolwind recently bought into fish bait futures. Insider trader charges pending.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HAHahahhaha
Old 11-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Point 1, yes.

Point 2, as I said before I made it slightly more friendly on the dock already, I don't think this will be needed. While I want the destination to be relatively safe, there needs to be some drawback to playing an evil race or hosing your sister faction.
Point 2 rebuttle: It's not a safety issue, it's a zone access issue. I remember camping the sirens in the teens and aviarks in the later levels, which were easy to access from the boat from BB. As all TL take you to sister island, these islands are too remote to be worth the trip.

Setting it so that there were two TL paths (Freeport, Sister islsand, BB and BB, Brother Island, Freeport) which recreates the boat path would aliviate that and open the zone up (and put some Ebon War Spears on the market for the shammys).
Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Point 2 rebuttle: It's not a safety issue, it's a zone access issue. I remember camping the sirens in the teens and aviarks in the later levels, which were easy to access from the boat from BB. As all TL take you to sister island, these islands are too remote to be worth the trip.

Setting it so that there were two TL paths (Freeport, Sister islsand, BB and BB, Brother Island, Freeport) which recreates the boat path would aliviate that and open the zone up (and put some Ebon War Spears on the market for the shammys).
Oh oh oh! I got you now. I can certainly add that one in. Good catch. I coulda SWORN it was already there however. Will get it added. I'm in the process of scripting Doran now, depending on when the server comes back up it might not make it. But this will be on in short order.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Banned

Man if only those ebon war spears weren't lore I'd have a couple backpacks worth of them. So easy/common, especially if you're camping allizewsaur and bored.
Closed Thread