Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanforce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, I believe a blood test is the only way to prove the amount of THC that has been recently ingested. But, a person who has a high tolerance (regular toker) will have much more in their system than a filthy casual toker - which leads to skewed results on the blood tests.
This is the big issue with the limits being set in Colorado. I believe it's currently set at 5 nanograms per liter of blood which supposedly a daily smoker would have in their system at all times. Plus, a lot of people don't like LE's ability to force you to get a blood test for a traffic infraction such as speeding because the LEO thought you were high. There's a big gap between a breathalyzer and a blood test.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the big issue with the limits being set in Colorado. I believe it's currently set at 5 nanograms per liter of blood which supposedly a daily smoker would have in their system at all times. Plus, a lot of people don't like LE's ability to force you to get a blood test for a traffic infraction such as speeding because the LEO thought you were high. There's a big gap between a breathalyzer and a blood test.

Similar arguments can be made about blood alcohol and tolerance. Although I will admit ignorance as to the amount of ambient THC a daily user would have in their system even when not experiencing any effects.

I live in Washington and we're having the same issues though we haven't even gotten around to figuring out how to sell the stuff yet.

Problem is, ya gotta start somewhere and even if being high doesn't make you as dangerous as a drunk it still impairs your ability to drive. I also feel like some groups are bringing up this argument because they're actually anti-marijuana and want to get people who would normally be pro-marijuana to still be against this legislation.

People can be arrested for driving under the influence of painkillers too. Driving while impaired (DWI) has a pretty wide margin for interpretation.

To answer the OP:
1) Yes
2) Yes

It's still federally illegal and some jobs may be required to test in order to continue w/ their contracts.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Aviak

Studies show that the most common result of smoking and getting behind the wheel is driving under the speed limit.

Marijuana is illegal because William Randolph Herst led a smear campaign against it, primarily to protect his interests in the timber industry as hemp fiber was going to replace wood pulp as the primary source of paper.

Michigan currently has a proposal in the state legislature to legalize pot, tax it, and use the money for road construction. They are calling it, "Pot for potholes" If that isn't a win I don't know what is.
Ghomie (60 Wizard)
Jurassic Park (60 Necromancer)
Massterr Drumok (56 Monk)
Leighdybierd Johansen (50 Cleric)
Gdavid (50 Magician)
Snique Sniq(28 Rogue)
Therbah (7 bank)

Red:
Aalamar (60 Enchanter)
Aalasbank (1 bank)
Old 01-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishurza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Studies show that the most common result of smoking and getting behind the wheel is driving under the speed limit.
Guilty.

usually 5 under, put my blinker on about 1/4 mile too early, and stop like 10 feet before the stop sign/light lol

You're driving too cautiously! you must be high!

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Banned

Ive stopped at a green light before, oops
Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

When I'm high on cannabis I'm liable to steal things, steamroll guilds, and rape teenage girls.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Kobold

Ever wait for the stop sign to turn green?