Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Orc

Default Bard Kiting Noob - question(s)

Hi All - I'm new to the bard, not to EQ though.

I've recently picked up a bard and am currently level 9. I'm in NK and want to try swarm kiting, if for no other reason than I've never done it before.

However, I'm finding that SOME of the mobs there have SoW. For instance - I pulled 5 or so grizzly bears and the last one I grabbed was keeping perfect pace with my Selo's.

So my question is really two fold I suppose: What do you do if you've got a swarm gathered (I know, 5 isn't really a swarm, I'm testing) and ONE mobs is crazy fast? Also, is swarm kiting really all that? I kind of like the onesie twosie kills I can easily manage w/ my songs.

Thoughts / input appreciated.

Thanks - Panda
Old 07-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotPanda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi All - I'm new to the bard, not to EQ though.

I've recently picked up a bard and am currently level 9. I'm in NK and want to try swarm kiting, if for no other reason than I've never done it before.

However, I'm finding that SOME of the mobs there have SoW. For instance - I pulled 5 or so grizzly bears and the last one I grabbed was keeping perfect pace with my Selo's.

So my question is really two fold I suppose: What do you do if you've got a swarm gathered (I know, 5 isn't really a swarm, I'm testing) and ONE mobs is crazy fast? Also, is swarm kiting really all that? I kind of like the onesie twosie kills I can easily manage w/ my songs.

Thoughts / input appreciated.

Thanks - Panda
1.) If you pick up something in your swarm that's going to be a problem, zone and reset.

2.) Swarm kiting is absolutely "all that". However, it can be stressful and get tiring. I definitely take breaks on my bard to do slower fear kiting or charm soloing. Still good XP and it's much more leisurely.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Orc

Thanks for the input Darguth.

If I may - one more question. When picking up mobs at this low lvl, do you run by and punch them, try to time your dot song to pick them up? I guess I could use a throwing weapon?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

I use Brusco's Boastful Bellow@ 12. Also throwing stars.
Some mobs you cannot swarm kite. They have too much "reach" or something. They will hit you if you get within PBAE range. Part of swarming is learning what you can swarm.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Ya I used a combination of cheap throwing weapons, prox aggro, social aggro, and pulsed PBAOEs as I ran buy to gather the swarm. After hitting 12 I tend to use Bellow.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:27 PM
Orc

Great - thanks gents. Off to practice some more.
Closed Thread