Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 07:12 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah there's no amount of study or preparation that would make this possible. The rats are mostly low 50s and summon and hit hard as fuck. Even if you find a spot where you can pull them solo, you're just one slow resists away from a nasty corpse run
Old 04-15-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah there's no amount of study or preparation that would make this possible. The rats are mostly low 50s and summon and hit hard as fuck. Even if you find a spot where you can pull them solo, you're just one slow resists away from a nasty corpse run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doujou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't recommend solo'ing this area at all.

These rats are no joke, they are almost all sow'd, the shaman (the ones you want) are the worst, mainly because they gate. You can't fight them on their spawns typically because their area is so packed with them (statics + plenty of roamers). Before the push/interrupt nerf, you could monk/sham duo in that goo room but I'm sure that's not even possible anymore w/o sieves.
Well, Torpor Shaman can fight hard mobs that summon/gate by just running them out of mana, if they can do them solo: it's not easy, but it can be done (and again, I was looking for something hard). However, it's sounding like I won't be able to even get one solo, and if that's the case I'm going to have to get a group going.

But what truly disturbed was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bear hat is self only graphic btw. It doesn't show to other people.
WHAT?!? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:43 AM
Banned

Solo’d it alot on diff servers here you would need a faction monk with bio orb to pull them safely.

First step is getting to the goo room near their area. Seriously doubt you could down one alone or even pull it effectively.
Last edited by kotton05; 04-15-2020 at 11:45 AM..
Old 04-15-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Depending on where people park their dragon construct trains you might not even be able to get down to the paebala area at all without playing some construct-management games. This is not necessarily a negative since the top floor is quite often overrun with dipwit solo'ing Bards and I never oppose screwing with them. Be careful if you see "a" dragon construct blocking your way: they quite often heap up on each other and what looks like one quite often turns out to be 4 or 5 of them. they do not see invisible-to-undead but the spiders and other fauna do so it's usually hard to sneak by.

I recommend taking a feign puller, someone who can rez, and good crowd control who can double as a mana-drainer. Trying to do that area as a duo with the wife (me being a Shadow Knight, her a Shaman) we couldn't kill anything quick enough to be worth it and gaters are problematical because most of them are high enough level we can't even stun or fear them to interrupt.

Danth
Old 04-15-2020, 02:16 PM
Kobold

There is a spot where the two factions of rats intersect and often battle. You could sit there invis/FD and attempt to grab a low hp one.
Old 04-15-2020, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a spot where the two factions of rats intersect and often battle. You could sit there invis/FD and attempt to grab a low hp one.
This is interesting, but it sounds like I'm facing three core issues that might make this not just "a big challenge", but flat out impossible to solo:
  1. Getting there: I'm willing to be patient and keep trying until I find a time with no trap dragons in the way, but even so it sounds like 2 charges of FD might not be enough to get there
  2. Gating mobs: to be clear, a Torpor Shaman can solo gating mobs, by just fighting at the spawn point and running them out of mana ... except ...
  3. Clustering: it sounds like it's also not possible to fight a single mob on its spawn point, because they're too close together
I'm still curious to learn the zone more and see if there might be some unconventional ways to solve the above issues, but it's sounding like I'm going to have to turn this "fun solo challenge" into a "fun grouping challenge."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-15-2020 at 02:40 PM..
Old 04-15-2020, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bear hat is self only graphic btw. It doesn't show to other people.
Bug if true.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Skeleton

What I do to get around DN by myself as a shaman with FD ring is take my monk down first - trigger any traps, use eye of zomm to train off random constructs people left places, etc. Make sure to use lots of buffs before putting SoW up and carry IVU pots on this character so they don't get stuck somewhere bad. Have to FD and /q out of line of sight of mobs frequently to be able to cleanly train them off sometimes.

After I've cleared the way with my monk, I switch to my shaman and take him safely down (to do things like loot the Garzicor ground spawn).

But as has already been mentioned, none of this is worth the effort and even if you got to a place where you could fight a mob you want, it is likely not a safe spot to do so. Either it will gate and summon you or if you actually found its spawn spot and fought it there, you'd get tons of adds (too many to handle).
Closed Thread