Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Added
Salmon Laddering with Gravity Flux and Levitate Rings
To the Advanced Techniques page to start, since its a small edit (7thGate is wiki name)
Will do some more later.

Edit: I can't actually screenshot this, as I had assistance with the original testing; I don't have any of the right characters to attempt to replicate now.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Added
Salmon Laddering with Gravity Flux and Levitate Rings
To the Advanced Techniques page to start, since its a small edit (7thGate is wiki name)
Will do some more later.
Awesome, we have our first official contestant! That looks like about 600p so far (throw in a screenshot or youtube video if you want 750).

Keep 'em coming, and if you want to "cash out" at any point before 3k just let me know.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-28-2020 at 01:02 PM..
Old 04-28-2020, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Added sections to https://wiki.project1999.com/Archery with notes on Range, and Ranger DPS with Archery with some numerical support.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Added sections to https://wiki.project1999.com/Archery with notes on Range, and Ranger DPS with Archery with some numerical support.
Looks great! My only (very minor) suggestion would be to try and use neutral/encyclopedia language as much as possible, but again that's a great contribution.

Let's call that 1k, putting you up to 1.6k total.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to write that with specific cases. Minor edit to clean that up a bit, but I'm not sure how to best write the part with specific examples in a neutral language perspective.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Added Shardwing_Courier to https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_50-54

EDIT: I also added a line to the Shardwing Courier page describing his pathing.
Last edited by 7thGate; 04-28-2020 at 03:23 PM..
Old 04-28-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My submission is a page on death.

I suggest this page includes the penalties for death, such as respawning at your bind without your equipment, a limited time period in which you can return to the place you died to retrieve your unbanked equipment as well as what XP penalties are for dying and when they may occur.

The page could include advance strategies for dieing, such as erudite casters farming skill ups so they can actually solo a level 1 mob, using it as a ghetto FD, using it to restock supplies/bank before being rezzed back to camp and so on.

There also could be an NPC section, describing what happens to NPCs on death, depending on NPC type and how the NPC was killed.

Death is an integral part of Everquest, and I was amazed recently to see there is not a page dedicated to this mechanic.

My wiki profile is Eldrath, and I apologise for the update I recently made to the disclaimer page.
If someone would like to do the work for my suggestion, I'm sure Loramin will pay out for it and I'll match his payment. Sounds like an easy way to make up to 6k.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Added Shardwing_Courier to https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_50-54

EDIT: I also added a line to the Shardwing Courier page describing his pathing.
Great, let's call that 700 more, putting you at 2.3k.

Also, just FYI, in wiki links you don't have to include the underscores, so you can just do [[Shardwing Courier]] (you don't have to do [[Shardwing_Courier]]).

Old 04-28-2020, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Cool, I'll keep that in mind!

I added my annotated Siren's Grotto Maps to https://wiki.project1999.com/Annotat...ns_Grotto_Maps , and added a section to the main SG page to link to it (they're kind of big, so I decided to stick them in their own page instead of inline).
Old 04-28-2020, 07:15 PM
Aviak

I added a solution to the tech support wiki for the "screen transparency" problem I've encountered several times when trying to log into the game. This is when certain portions of the screen (specifically the "Enter World" button) register as transparent, and clicking on them minimizes the client. Name was GardylooG
Closed Thread