Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Banned

Default Pet aggro/pet chaining is broken

Body aggro a seafury via proximity and no casting/nuking/buffing/anything.

Send in pet.

Desummon pet to summon new one.

Pet has to do RIDICULOUS amounts of damage, proccing, and taunting to pull off said seafury.

This is functioning incorrectly.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Sarnak

yeah I agree, its pretty bad.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Orc

I always assumed the pet must be somehow generating aggro for the caster, even if that's not how it's supposed to be.

If you try to kill something like Dino in OOT by chaining 4-5 pets it will get harder and harder for the pet to get aggro after each one, even if you cast nothing else that should be getting you aggro.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeR22z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always assumed the pet must be somehow generating aggro for the caster, even if that's not how it's supposed to be.

If you try to kill something like Dino in OOT by chaining 4-5 pets it will get harder and harder for the pet to get aggro after each one, even if you cast nothing else that should be getting you aggro.
That isn't supposed to happen, is the point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Sarnak

Again ... yet another post about same bug.

summoned pet's taunt abillity is not working, and it hasn't like since start of p99, and the dev's nicely scoob right over this problem pretending its not there.

/rant ON

I havn't seen a single dev reply on any of these posts about pet agro, that is pretty vital for pet casters, but they do ask ingame for people with evidence of turnin text to Epic quests ....

how about trying to figure out long standing bugs before doing epic quests.
I can live with that epic's won't be in for another 6 months or so if you could use the time fixing some of the bugs that take up endlessly threadspace on forums with no single dev response.

/rant off
Old 07-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Banned

I don't care about taunting as much as melee and procs of pets not producing sufficient aggro.

Taunting working is a plus for me, not a requirement.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Kobold

Working as intended for this server, is the conclusion I've come to. There's no interest in making pets work they way they should be on p99. At least a token GM response would be nice, but it's been painfully silent. Same goes for the messed up aggro equations for DoTs.

Sadly, this is not classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned

If it was a minor issue I wouldn't give a shit, really.

But this is pretty big...it's a mechanic an entire class relies on to effectively level from 4-60.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:00 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is actually working as intended. When a pet dies, depops, or whatever, a portion of the aggro (how much exactly depending on if it is a summoned or charmed pet) is transferred to it's owner.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 07-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned

I can't see the numbers specifically, but it seems like the amount transferred isn't proportionate to the amount the pet CAN generate in a timely manner. (If you get my point?)

Unless specific mechanics changes have happened on live this doesn't occur there as of now, either. I never had a problem chaining pets on progression, or years earlier even.