Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Haynar, this wasn't addressed in the last patch, but maybe I should bring it up...

Some of our songs do not stack properly, or get no modifier from instruments. The lvl 2 AE for example does not increase in strength with a string instrument equipped. It also does not stack with the lvl 18 AE, (which is brass). These 2 AEs should stack.

Some buffs come across the same problem. I'll see if I can get you some more specifics.

Cheers!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jify [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar, this wasn't addressed in the last patch, but maybe I should bring it up...

Some of our songs do not stack properly, or get no modifier from instruments. The lvl 2 AE for example does not increase in strength with a string instrument equipped. It also does not stack with the lvl 18 AE, (which is brass). These 2 AEs should stack.

Some buffs come across the same problem. I'll see if I can get you some more specifics.

Cheers!
More specifics would be great. I will see what I can figure out.

Haynar
Old 04-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Alright. Quick test on the mobs of WC came up with...

Denons (lvl 18) overwriting Chords (lvl 2)
Selo's (lvl 48) overwriting Denons (lvl 18)
String instrument did not affect Chords (lvl 2) or Selos (lvl 48)
Denon's(lvl 18) was not affected by Brass Instruments

The string AEs should overwrite the string AEs. The Brass overwrite the brass. Brass and string AEs should stack with each other.

Some of the str buffs we have I think should be stacking. But I don't have any clear memory of that, just some gut feeling. However, I did level from 18 to 28 on live AE kiting, and I definitely mixed the string/brass AEs.

Cheers!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

I can vouch for this, I always used to stack the level 2 AoE dot with the level 18 AoE dot on live but can't seem to do it here. For a while I thought maybe my memory was fuzy but never considered the fact that they were different instrument proficiencies.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

sitting down is interrupting song singing
Old 04-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xumosa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sitting down is interrupting song singing
This was addressed in the very first 2 sentences of the original post:

Quote:
Things I have fixed in the test source, which have not been pushed live.

Sitting - This is fixed. There was a logic check, that was not applying properly. This could also be causing some random interrupts, I didn't check everything it affected. But there were several things.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Developer

I think I have the stacking worked out, with different bard songs, doing same effect, but using different instruments.

I also found the issue with the Bard AE dot's not getting instrument modifiers applied.

Haynar
Old 04-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I have the stacking worked out, with different bard songs, doing same effect, but using different instruments.

I also found the issue with the Bard AE dot's not getting instrument modifiers applied.

Haynar
This is correct. Equiping the instrument does not change the DPS of the DoT at all on this server.
Last edited by guineapig; 04-25-2010 at 06:11 PM..
Old 04-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

iam getin alot more missed notes interrupts when starting to cast a song than before now. dunno if its intended
Old 04-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Orc

Default selos accelerando instrument modifier

Instrument modifier on Selos Accelerando only lasts for the first 3 seconds. The modifier goes away after that and running speed will be reduced to Selos w/o instrument modifier. Have to recast to get speed back up.

Can clearly see running speed dramatically decrease after first 3 seconds. Then dramatically increase if Selos is recast.

Not sure if this applies just to Selos Accelerando or to other songs as well.
Closed Thread