Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind
Default Something brought to my attention & clarification

Something has been brought to my attention. Some folks that, well, have no idea about how the upper end game was played in EQ have made some comments that I want to clear up. I have flash cards, and a hand puppet to help with the break down. My apologies to IB in advance; but I need to curtail the "OMG Cheaters" BS that is being floated.

This is a raid mob
(>'.')> -Rawr!

This is a player
i - Aiee!

Code:
                        }iiiiiii
________________________}iiiiii
                (>'.')> i
             iiiiiiiii 
Now, when (>'.')> uses its "Woosh" attack that hits everyone, the people hiding behind that wall are not doing something wrong. What moron would stand in (>'.')>'s "Woosh" when you could hide from it? AE's were timable to allow folks to be able to "joust" the AE.

Mobs have a defense against this, it's called summon. Later, mobs were just rooted to stop the tactic (High priest, Creator, IV, Shei. This tactic was used by everyone under the sun. We used it on, every mob but Hoshkar and Silverwing in VP, Dozekar, Aaryonar, Vulak, all the Warders in ST, IV before they rooted him, Cursed cycle, tower mobs in pop the list goes on. The tactic is no different than standing beyond AE range and using missile weapons to burn the mob down. Which is how Ventani & Fennin Ro were designed to be defeated. Vox was designed against this as was Cazic Thule. Vox would warp all over hell and half of Georgia to catch you, and there were no walls in fear that would block the AE.

Side note: There is one more opportunity for retrieving a title. Whomever manages to kill CT or Inno will get one as well. There is also a title available for taking down Mayong atm, but he will be leaving soon.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Banned

Blocking AEs is very different on emu than live.

On live, AEs could only be blocked in indoor zones. In outdoor zones, AEs go through all ways, you have to range or eat it.

On emu, AEs can be blocked in any zone. Stuff like Dracoliche AE isn't a huge deal, but still, you couldn't block it on live and you can here. Nothing to do about it, either.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Aviak

Default Ok then what about this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2009, 02:25 AM
Fire Giant

no way imps get that many hps without shaman buffs, too. You're missing a person in the diagram.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blocking AEs is very different on emu than live.

On live, AEs could only be blocked in indoor zones. In outdoor zones, AEs go through all ways, you have to range or eat it.

On emu, AEs can be blocked in any zone. Stuff like Dracoliche AE isn't a huge deal, but still, you couldn't block it on live and you can here. Nothing to do about it, either.
There is a way around this that I've discovered. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harazzer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And this would be an exploit. As the ability for players to attack through walls has been removed this would be an exploit of game mechanics of NPC's and thus a bannable offense.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

harazzer why you gotta be so angry all the time brew?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Aviak

Last edited by Skeletonya; 11-12-2009 at 08:36 AM..
Old 11-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletonya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1
Old 11-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Kobold

Over 9000 is a 4chan meme and that, like all 4chan memes, it got stale at most one week after its creation because it's been repeated abusively, if not because it wasn't funny from the beginning. Usage will only make you look like a weeaboo.
Last edited by Blink; 11-12-2009 at 03:58 PM..
Closed Thread