Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind
Default Alliance

Reports of alliance not affecting faction.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Something about either Alliance, Minor Illusion, or how brownies react to the combination of those two spells does not seem to be mimicking live. According to the comments at the 1999 archived copy of castersrealm, Erudites start dubious to brownies, do not notice a faction change (still dubious) with Alliance, but are raised high enough by minor illusion to purchase spells (probably apprehensive -- this isn't discussed). Sorry I don't have an example that isn't also possibly a failing of another spell but this is the only time I've had reason to use it so far.

See comments at: http://web.archive.org/web/200101080...sp?SpellID=171
Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

I've never played an enchanter past level 8 until now, but I tried to cast benevolence one time on a merchant, it was resisted and 20 guards/merchants beat me to a pulp in Neriak, not sure if alliance spells caused that in classic
Old 10-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Tried using Alliance against a number of targets ranging from green to red when servers came back up today. Every time, I got only an error message: Your spell did not take hold. The brownies I mentioned earlier, however, would not be a problem regardless of alliance working or not if treeform modified my faction with them properly; a poster here mentions that it raised him from dubious to amiable: http://web.archive.org/web/200010201...lID=171&Page=2
Old 10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

If it's any consequence, the Guide Alliance spell does work.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Tried casting the next spell up from Alliance, Benevolence. This spell does not produce the 'Your spell cannot take hold' message, but despite giving a success message makes the mob you cast it on aggro on you.

EDIT: That said, other mobs of the same faction seem to have received the proper faction adjustment.
Last edited by Khaleel; 10-21-2009 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Addendum
Old 01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Bump:

Do the devs think that there is a fix on the way for this? If not just say so and I'll let it drop.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

More bump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This spell-line is hugely important for chanters - please let us know if it is fixable or if we should just drop it and move on (as guineapig said).

For the record - it should be unresistable, non-aggro, and increase faction for all factions that the target mob belongs to.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Kobold

Default alliance still not working

Just confirming that players still receive a "Your spell did not take hold" message regardless of whom they cast it on. Very much hoping to see this fixed!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Double bump!
Closed Thread