Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lazy Aggro: from Laotzu's Guide to Advanced Pulling http://youngsdojo.tripod.com/Pulling.html

In Kunark and Velious, if you are beyond a certain distance from a mob, it will lose interest and no longer pursue you, though will still maintain you on the hate list with an increased aggro radius.

That page isn't appearing on the Wayback machine until 2016 so nothing proves its age.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

When I think back to classic, mobs never forgot about me. I'd have bard speed in Dreadlands wiz/druid portals, run to FV, and the mob would still come chasing me 5 minutes later. So I'm curious the proof and mechanics behind this or if it is simply a non classy P99 update.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjlent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that damage cap fix referring to 2h bonus?
Any update on this?
Old 02-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Code
  • Haynar: Using sneak while FD will no longer work as a memblur.
  • Haynar: Entities will be dropped from an NPC's hatelist after 10 minutes of adding no additional hate.
  • Haynar: Implemented class specific level based weapon damage caps. Thanks Demonstar55 from EQEmu.
  • Haynar: Added "lazy aggro" behavior for NPCs. If they get too far from their target, they will no longer chase.
  • Haynar: Merchants that face their target when hailed, will now have a delay before their heading returns to normal.
  • Haynar: Fixed blind to function better when someone moves in and out of range. Moving back into combat range, and the mob should stop fleeing. Going out of range they should start fleeing again. Casting blind on an NPC with someone in combat range, will no longer cause mobs to flee right away.
  • Haynar: Altered how sneak pulling works on social aggro. Mobs on same faction, should no longer be fooled as easily.
  • Haynar: Linkdead players will no longer take faction hits.
  • Haynar: Added witness checks for beneficial spells.
  • Haynar: Added a 30 sec check for dropping aggro if beyond chase distance.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Banned

Pras it. Time to level that human bio orb monk I've had on reserve for this occasion. Cheers to all.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Fantastic. Amazing. You've made raiding great again.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes plenty of proof when you go look at the bug threads it was talked about in. These changes don't get made without those threads.
These changes came in either right at the end of Velious or after SOL though mate. Just semantics though about timelines really although if it was after SOL then well , not classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fantastic. Amazing. You've made raiding great again.
Not seeing any mention of bind points being removed from ToV so I seriously doubt that. Just another predictable evolution of the meta game incoming.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not seeing any mention of bind points being removed from ToV so I seriously doubt that. Just another predictable evolution of the meta game incoming.
Removing bind points wouldnt stop the evolution of the meta game. It would in fact just make it even more neck-beardery.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These changes came in either right at the end of Velious or after SOL though mate. Just semantics though about timelines really although if it was after SOL then well , not classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They did not. They started in Kunark.
Closed Thread